Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff fellas!

My 11u has pitched really well and hit ok in 3 tourneys so far, getting on base a lot just not squaring it up real good. We play our last tournament this weekend, the Fall NIT.

My 8u played their first kid pitch this weekend and did pretty well, better than we thought they would. Logan only swung and missed once in 3 games and put it in play everytime. He was a very free swinger in coach pitch so this was good to see lol. They lost in the semis but it was a good experience.

Comment

Very good! Fall ball has definitely proven to be an experience this year.

Jax is batting leadoff with a .500 obp and .429 average / playing CF and 2nd.

In pitching, He's become something like a closer. With the attitudes and falling off of our front line pitching, he comes in and settles everything down it seems.

Was not expecting to be looking, but really dont want Jax to be left behind on a team that may be losing some kiddos.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Very good! Fall ball has definitely proven to be an experience this year.

Jax is batting leadoff with a .500 obp and .429 average / playing CF and 2nd.

In pitching, He's become something like a closer. With the attitudes and falling off of our front line pitching, he comes in and settles everything down it seems.

Was not expecting to be looking, but really dont want Jax to be left behind on a team that may be losing some kiddos.
        Great to hear, sounds like he's excelled there for sure!

Comment

Didn't want to start an entire new thread but what bats is everyone swinging? We are due for a new one this 12u season. He used a teammates Easton Ghost last year and really liked it and hit well. Just curious what others are using.

Comment

We bought the new Easton Ghost, it has a lot of pop.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
              Didn't want to start an entire new thread but what bats is everyone swinging? We are due for a new one this 12u season. He used a teammates Easton Ghost last year and really liked it and hit well. Just curious what others are using.
              I'd look at last year's Marucci Cat 7. Great bat and should be on sale.

Comment

A bunch of boys on both our teams swing the Posey. I found a new Axe EliteOne on sale last week and bought it for my 8u son, he loves it, I'm trying to find a 30/20 for my 11u son before our last tournament this weekend.

Some people laugh at the Axe bats but man they feel comfortable in my hands. That EliteOne seems to have some pop too.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  A bunch of boys on both our teams swing the Posey. I found a new Axe EliteOne on sale last week and bought it for my 8u son, he loves it, I'm trying to find a 30/20 for my 11u son before our last tournament this weekend.

Some people laugh at the Axe bats but man they feel comfortable in my hands. That EliteOne seems to have some pop too.
                  Our second best hitter swore by his AXE. Posey is definitely one of the most popular.

We were going to try it before I got sucked in by the Warstic.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    Our second best hitter swore by his AXE. Posey is definitely one of the most popular.

We were going to try it before I got sucked in by the Warstic.
                    The Posey is a Cat 7 painted to look like a wood bat.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                      The Posey is a Cat 7 painted to look like a wood bat.
                      That makes sense! Bat is everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

We have a kid on our team with an Axe. I told him it was gonna be an issue because you hit the ball on the same spot everytime. His is flat on one side now!

Comment

We have a kid on our team with an Axe. I told him it was gonna be an issue because you hit the ball on the same spot everytime. His is flat on one side now!
                          Haha I can believe it. I think I read where they tried to help fix that issue by adding some wall thickness to that hitting side on the 2019 bats.

Comment

I have seen it from the kiddo that I know that had it. Didn't stop him from getting another though. Hit it too dang good.

Comment

My son swings a Combat Vigor which he loves and is a one piece composite. The other bat he swings is a Rawlings Velo that he uses in cooler weather. He likes them both and hits both well. This is our 2nd Combat because he needed a longer bat the first one he literally hit 1000s of baseballs with and still was in great shape

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                                My son swings a Combat Vigor which he loves and is a one piece composite. The other bat he swings is a Rawlings Velo that he uses in cooler weather. He likes them both and hits both well. This is our 2nd Combat because he needed a longer bat the first one he literally hit 1000s of baseballs with and still was in great shape
                                We had the Velo before the Warstic - very good bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X