Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ags return 8 starters on defense. Mond or Starkel, I go Starkel. This team is SEC ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Yep! All the "who needs it more", "who has more to gain", "who has more to lose" that's all horse ****… It's 100% biased, and it's horse ****. It doesn't matter who is in what conference, or which conference is better at the time.

The fact of the matter is that next time the two square off, the majority of this state will pick a side, and it will be the biggest game in the history of the rivalry.

It would be the biggest game this state has ever seen, short of a NC. The lava has been building since the last one.
      My thoughts as well - As a born in Texas lifer, but fan outsider, the game of TX vs. AG was absolutely great.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
        Who needs this, who doesn't need that, who needs it more, blah, blah, blah. Neither team "needs" the game but both teams should want the game for the sake of a 118 yo rivalry and for the the state of Texas College Football. Both side needs to get over the butt-hurt and themselves and put this thing back together at some point. Why wouldn't the Aggies want 1 true rivalry game a year?
        I think most casual fans (including me) would prefer to see a return of the series. As posted previously, I think those that like to travel with the team are indifferent, at best, because they'd just as soon see different out-of-state destinations. With administrative turnover at both institutions, I'm surprised there's still such politically driven motivation for not renewing, but it appears to be the case.

Does a home-home make renewing the rivalry more or less likely? Is it better to renew the annual rivalry or have the potential to play in a bowl (or perhaps even CFP) game?
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

This game needs to be brought back together every year and ON THANSKGIVING.

Thanksgiving was a tradition when I was growing up with going to the Thanksgiving Parade back home that morning, going home to eat turkey and watch the Cowboys play at about 2:00 pm and watch the Horns and Aggies fight it out that evening.

That made a great start for the holidays IMO.

Comment

As a Texas Fan, UT and A&M should be ashamed of themselves to not work together to get this game back. 118 yrs down the drain bc of a little butthurt either way.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
              This game needs to be brought back together every year and ON THANSKGIVING.

Thanksgiving was a tradition when I was growing up with going to the Thanksgiving Parade back home that morning, going home to eat turkey and watch the Cowboys play at about 2:00 pm and watch the Horns and Aggies fight it out that evening.

That made a great start for the holidays IMO.
              I don't' foresee Turkey day ever being on the schedule again.

Comment

Was gonna post A&M depth chart but it’s already been posted.

I would like to see the game back, and I get that A&M turned it down but both schools have had opportunities and passed on it. Maybe soon we will see it again.
                Last edited by 160class; 08-23-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I think most casual fans (including me) would prefer to see a return of the series. As posted previously, I think those that like to travel with the team are indifferent, at best, because they'd just as soon see different out-of-state destinations. With administrative turnover at both institutions, I'm surprised there's still such politically driven motivation for not renewing, but it appears to be the case.

Does a home-home make renewing the rivalry more or less likely? Is it better to renew the annual rivalry or have the potential to play in a bowl (or perhaps even CFP) game?
                  I agree with the new coaches and all. I have a feeling that it is going to take a bowl matchup to renew the rivalry. Right now both sides are to arrogant to agree upon something.

Comment

Daylon Mack is finally a true starter as a Senior? He's had 2 career starts and seemed to get gassed even as a backup... Heard he dropped some weight, is he looking good?
                    Last edited by Chad C; 08-23-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Too much is being read into this. Texas had an opening and reached out to ATM. ATM looked at the situation and figured it wasn't worth the hassle of backing out of the Miami commitment. End of story. No hurt feelings. Business.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Daylon Mack is finally a true starter as a Senior? He's had 2 career starts and seemed to get gassed even as a backup... Heard he dropped some weight, is he looking good?
                        They say he has but time will tell.

I did see a picture of Kingsley Keke, who moved to DE and is still playing DT and that guy skimmed down a lot

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          I agree with the new coaches and all. I have a feeling that it is going to take a bowl matchup to renew the rivalry. Right now both sides are to arrogant to agree upon something.

Not like the ags haven’t had an opportunity to meet up with Texas in a bowl since the departure.

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

I thought he was a starter last year? You would think he’d get enough cardio running the state.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                            Not like the ags haven’t had an opportunity to meet up with Texas in a bowl since the departure.

I thought he was a starter last year? You would think he’d get enough cardio running the state.
                            Nope. Two career starts and one was in the bowl game. Replacing Zaycoven Henderson w/26 career starts.
                            Last edited by Chad C; 08-23-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                              Too much is being read into this. Texas had an opening and reached out to ATM. ATM looked at the situation and figured it wasn't worth the hassle of backing out of the Miami commitment. End of story. No hurt feelings. Business.
                              Agreed.

People get all worked up over the silliest crap. The conference rah rah is such a beatdown. Aggy has taken it to a new level.
                              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-23-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Defense has potential to be decent this year, but if either middle lb goes down, it could be a long season. DE is shorthanded as well, but should have Clemons back. Will wait and see before commenting on CBs.

Comment

Working...
                                X