This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    Kid has no record of transactions. Admits money was NOT given to recruits, only used for foodstuffs, his feelings were hurt because Jimbo yelled at them saying they were “soft” and “pussy cats”, he doesn’t want to sit out a year, follows his coach that recruited him (not unusual), and drafted this story with his Daddy then submitted it to USA Today before he submitted it to Arizona (unusual) in attempt to waive having to sit out another year. Yet doesn’t want to be involved in a story. Whatever. Best of luck to the young man at UA. Onwards to the next cliff....
    Correct. But the t sip fans here need anything to grab on to.

Comment

10 days out, in honor of VY...

DONATE to my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/harrishighlightsStats: 30-40, 267 yards; 19 rushes, 200 yards, 3 TDsCollege football’s greatest individual perf...

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
        The NCAA doesn’t have any teeth. Especially over $300 and single witness testimony with a disgruntled helicopter dad involved. [emoji51]

The Station is still Lit [emoji91]

When is our first game? Oh yeah one more week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While nothing sounds to extreme with breaking the rules, it’s still a list of items that they will at least look into. You never want the NCAA on campus looking into these “grey” areas. A couple things that stood out to me.

Santino knows that if he lied to the NCAA his would lose his eligibility. There has to be some teeth or evidence to his claims. The most power the NCAA has is when they catch you in a lie. Dez Bryant was suspended for a year not cause Deion bought him lunch but because Dez said it didn’t happen,

Santino knowingly took cash from his position coach who he named for unofficial recruit visits were he named the recruits. He said the coach gave him and another A&M player cash. Why didn’t he name the other player from A&M but named everyone else? Who is this player? Typically visits are hosted by the same position so is there an A&M LB outside of Santino that took money too? I don’t have to tell you about the LB depth and what an issue it would be if one of those guys is suspended.

If those players were on unofficial visits and they had stuff payed for, those become official visits. One that visit will now count as one of the 5 and he can’t come back to A&M on another official. A&M may have gone over the number of official visits they can host in the Spring.

With everything going on at Maryland, I think they will look into these claims as well. Normally not a big deal but I bet they pay closer attention and ask questions.

Why did he sign his contract within hours of the his story breaking? Something seems off here.

Finally the extra practices, extra coaching and activities before 6am. This is a part of the NCAA has the most authority over. This is something that is probably easier to prove and since it goes against fair play they take seriously.

Again, maybe all small violations or nothing to see here but it’s a bad look that the NCAA probably will be sniffing around. There’s a lot of eyes on Jimbo with his $75M contract and to have a NCAA cheating story picked up by all the major news outlets before he plays his first game is not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          While nothing sounds to extreme with breaking the rules, it’s still a list of items that they will at least look into. You never want the NCAA on campus looking into these “grey” areas. A couple things that stood out to me.

Santino knows that if he lied to the NCAA his would lose his eligibility. There has to be some teeth or evidence to his claims. The most power the NCAA has is when they catch you in a lie. Dez Bryant was suspended for a year not cause Deion bought him lunch but because Dez said it didn’t happen,

Santino knowingly took cash from his position coach who he named for unofficial recruit visits were he named the recruits. He said the coach gave him and another A&M player cash. Why didn’t he name the other player from A&M but named everyone else? Who is this player? Typically visits are hosted by the same position so is there an A&M LB outside of Santino that took money too? I don’t have to tell you about the LB depth and what an issue it would be if one of those guys is suspended.

If those players were on unofficial visits and they had stuff payed for, those become official visits. One that visit will now count as one of the 5 and he can’t come back to A&M on another official. A&M may have gone over the number of official visits they can host in the Spring.

With everything going on at Maryland, I think they will look into these claims as well. Normally not a big deal but I bet they pay closer attention and ask questions.

Why did he sign his contract within hours of the his story breaking? Something seems off here.

Finally the extra practices, extra coaching and activities before 6am. This is a part of the NCAA has the most authority over. This is something that is probably easier to prove and since it goes against fair play they take seriously.

Again, maybe all small violations or nothing to see here but it’s a bad look that the NCAA probably will be sniffing around. There’s a lot of eyes on Jimbo with his $75M contract and to have a NCAA cheating story picked up by all the major news outlets before he plays his first game is not a good look.
          Seems petty to mention the Shepard incident that kept him from ever returning to campus and had Mr. Lit Brewster off twitter,etc.

The stuff goes on everywhere, don't get caught.

Comment

I agree. While it may be difficult to PROVE it's anything more than a disgruntled former player looking for a reason to not lose a year of eligibility, I'm inclined to think there's at least an element of truth to it. If so, it's not a good look for a coach, staff and program before they take a single snap, even if it's a "minor" infraction.

Whining about being called "soft" simply validates the point, however.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Seems petty to mention the Shepard incident that kept him from ever returning to campus and had Mr. Lit Brewster off twitter,etc.

The stuff goes on everywhere, don't get caught.
              Yep, I assume everyone does it. If A&M was the only school doing it, Texas and other schools recruiting the same kids would have NCAA all over it if they weren't doing it as well.

Surprised Ole Miss didn't drag other schools down with them.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                Yep, I assume everyone does it. If A&M was the only school doing it, Texas and other schools recruiting the same kids would have NCAA all over it if they weren't doing it as well.

Surprised Ole Miss didn't drag other schools down with them.
                Yes sir. The only issue here is the kid calling out a coach by name. It gives them a target, but it also gives A&M a fairly easy out if the NCAA comes barking. Fire him and move on.

Comment

Fun facts for today

“Intrastate rivalry factoids: In the history of the AP poll, Texas and A&M have finished in the same Top 10 only once (1941). FSU and Florida have done it 10 times since 1991. And the last time the Longhorns and Aggies won 10 games apiece was 1975.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

tOSU will announce decision and findings on Urban Meyer today.

Fisher and A&M says thank you.

Comment

tOSU will announce decision and findings on Urban Meyer today.

Fisher and A&M says thank you.
                      "We at Ohio State would rather win football games than have to fire our golden boy coach. Urbs will be suspended 4 weeks retro-actively, time served, go buckeyes".

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        "We at Ohio State would rather win football games than have to fire our golden boy coach. Urbs will be suspended 4 weeks retro-actively, time served, go buckeyes".
                        I laughed!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Very likely outcome.

Comment

I don’t think they fire him.

Comment

I think the chance that Urban gets fired is less than zero

Comment

They were never going to fire him. If it came out that he beat Zach Smith's wife, they wouldn't fire him....

Comment

Working...
                                X