This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Why? GP is not in the 'SEC West'. I was trying to help you out, but I guess you would rather have coach Dumbo.......
    He makes a mean Gumbo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      He makes a mean Gumbo!

Shawn Robinson officially named QB1. Had a great fall camp. Protected the ball well which was the main knock on him.

Comment

2018 CFB Fall Camp Thread

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        [emoji6]b

Shawn Robinson officially named QB1. Had a great fall camp. Protected the ball well which was the main knock on him.

Protecting the ball is always key for a QB. Seems like he was the favorite this offseason if I recall? Still waiting for an announcement in College Station. I thought Starkel was a lock for it but reading the tea leaves it appears Mond has really come on strong. I’m curious how soon it will be announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          Protecting the ball is always key for a QB. Seems like he was the favorite this offseason if I recall? Still waiting for an announcement in College Station. I thought Starkel was a lock for it but reading the tea leaves it appears Mond has really come on strong. I’m curious how soon it will be announced.

Correct. Time will tell I suppose.

Comment

Is it a given that Ehlinger is the starter for Texas or is there still a competition with Shane?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Yeah, thats a solid method.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I used rankings at the time of play or end of season rank. Which I think is a better overall assessment.

But since you don't like that, let's look at the last College Football Playoff rankings. That sets the final bracket for the playoff.

Alabama
              #3 Georgia
              #7 Auburn
              #8 USC
              #17 LSU
              #23 Miss State

OU
              #5 Ohio State
              #15 TCU
              #19 OSU
              #22 Virginia tech

If you don't see a difference in those schedules. I'm sorry I can't help you. His job is to win a national championship not feel good about his out of conference schedule.

Comment

Is it a given that Ehlinger is the starter for Texas or is there still a competition with Shane?

Of course, in camp Herman is saying that there is a competition, but I think most people assume Sam will be the starter. He seems to have a higher upside.

It’s probably similar to the Starkel-Mond “battle”. From what I’ve seen, Starkel is the better QB, if your not counting on him to run the ball a lot.

Coaches got to create the competition to keep all the players busting their butts, IMO. But talent should win out every time.

Comment

Originally posted by dave View Post
                  i used rankings at the time of play or end of season rank. Which i think is a better overall assessment.

But since you don't like that, let's look at the last college football playoff rankings. That sets the final bracket for the playoff.

Alabama
                  #3 georgia
                  #7 auburn
                  #8 usc
                  #17 lsu
                  #23 miss state

ou
                  #5 ohio state
                  #15 tcu
                  #19 osu
                  #22 virginia tech

if you don't see a difference in those schedules. I'm sorry i can't help you. His job is to win a national championship not feel good about his out of conference schedule.
                  #8 usc?

Comment

Papa Foreman is at it again. [emoji23]
                    He must be waiting on some of that big “40 Acre” money to shut him up.

Comment

Papa Foreman is at it again. [emoji23]
                      He must be waiting on some of that big “40 Acre” money to shut him up.

He loves him some attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Chad C; 08-18-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                        #8 usc?
                        https://collegefootballplayoff.com/rankings.aspxhttp://

USC was #3 in the AP poll when Alabama played them, but that's a preseason ranking, they finished at #8 in the final CFP.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          I used rankings at the time of play or end of season rank. Which I think is a better overall assessment.

But since you don't like that, let's look at the last College Football Playoff rankings. That sets the final bracket for the playoff.

Alabama
                          #3 Georgia
                          #7 Auburn
                          #8 USC
                          #17 LSU
                          #23 Miss State

OU
                          #5 Ohio State
                          #15 TCU
                          #19 OSU
                          #22 Virginia tech

If you don't see a difference in those schedules. I'm sorry I can't help you. His job is to win a national championship not feel good about his out of conference schedule.
                          You are right, the biggest difference is that you are comparing Bama's 2016 schedule to OU's 2017 one.

Soooooo much wrong with that. Bama didn't play USC last year. OU didn't play Virginia Tech, I'm guessing that's a WVA typo though. OU beat TCU twice, once in the conference championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                            https://collegefootballplayoff.com/rankings.aspxhttp://

USC was #3 in the AP poll when Alabama played them, but that's a preseason ranking, they finished at #8 in the final CFP.
                            Kinda hard to talk about the final rankings, then cherry pick from the year before to make Alabama's schedule tougher than the Big 12 team.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                              You are right, the biggest difference is that you are comparing Bama's 2016 schedule to OU's 2017 one.

Soooooo much wrong with that. Bama didn't play USC last year. OU didn't play Virginia Tech, I'm guessing that's a WVA typo though. OU beat TCU twice, once in the conference championship game.
                              I didn't comment because I couldn't figure out what he was trying to show. The schedule errors threw me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                                Kinda hard to talk about the final rankings, then cherry pick from the year before to make Alabama's schedule tougher than the Big 12 team.
                                My bad, didn’t intentionally do that.

The statement stands, his job is to win NCs and he’s better at it than anybody ever has been. Everybody here would be more than happy with that ooc schedule if they were getting NCs as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X