This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
    Why on earth would he put that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was fake

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
      Why on earth would he put that out there.

I think I read somewhere that it was a fake account, but I haven’t confirmed that

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
        I think I read somewhere that it was a fake account, but I haven’t confirmed that

I’m just assuming that it had to be a fake account. How could someone be dumb enough to tweet that?

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
          I’m just assuming that it had to be a fake account. How could someone be dumb enough to tweet that?

It wouldn't be the first time someone did something dumb like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Been offshore many times including this year. It's great but not even close to bow hunting and deer camp. Im betting 92% of TBHers would agree with me. Some years ya just dont get to go offshore. A year without hunting is devestating. Lol.

Not to mention the cooler weather and college football. No contest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            This is truth!

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
              It wouldn't be the first time someone did something dumb like that!

No kidding. How many times have you seen college football players tweeting stacks of cash?

Comment

I'm glad I was off the grid this weekend. Seems like it's all kinda back where it started..?

Someone needs a new rug...

Comment

I was at the open practice yesterday....

* None of the QB's have the arm talent and strength Starkel does, but the race is pretty tight. It was Mond's day with the 1s, and with the 11 on 11 he went with 1s and 3s (Blumrick is nursing a sprained knee but was doing drills) and starkel went with the 2s. Starkel has NFL Arm strength and talent, he can spin it, he just needs to minimize trying to force it.

Mond overall totals = 38-of-57; 4 TDs; 1 INT (1st & 3rd team combined)
                  Starkel overall totals = 22-of-33; 5 TDs; 1 INT (2nd team)

*James Foster (FR QB) is a big dude, he will RS, but man he is bigger than all the other QBs.

*Bobby Brown was making plays left and right and is a big dude. Guess he qualified Bama fans .

*Clemons was on a scooter and a boot (screw in foot), Travon Fuller in shorts, Myles Jones in Shorts, Montel Parker in Shorts.... I didn't see Maduibuike. Those were the only injuries.... was honestly surprised at this point in camp to see. Only 1 major injury and he's expected back week 2-4

*Starting WR's are going to be Ausbon / Buckley / Q. Davis.... Davis looked good and that ACL tear 2 years ago seems to be healed up. Expecting him to break out.

*All the new RB have nice size, and the TE's looked pretty good too... Offense should be better than expected but will all revolve around the OL....as usual.

*Anthony Hines is getting a look at rover ...he was out there with Alaka / Dodson

*Team looks noticeably bigger and more "SEC" ready, I'd say Mond gained 10 lbs.

8-4 should be attainable

Comment

Texas has some banged up players from the glorified practice on Saturday. Defense won of course.

Freshman LB Adeoyo (banged up knee), Senior CB Davis (hammy tweak) and Freshman DB/Rover Overshown (banged up knee) all sustained injuries.

Other than that, they've been pretty healthy except for Jeffrey McCulloch who will be out for another week with a strain.

Not deep enough at Linebacker to take many hits if any.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      I was at the open practice yesterday....

* None of the QB's have the arm talent and strength Starkel does, but the race is pretty tight. It was Mond's day with the 1s, and with the 11 on 11 he went with 1s and 3s (Blumrick is nursing a sprained knee but was doing drills) and starkel went with the 2s. Starkel has NFL Arm strength and talent, he can spin it, he just needs to minimize trying to force it.

Mond overall totals = 38-of-57; 4 TDs; 1 INT (1st & 3rd team combined)
                      Starkel overall totals = 22-of-33; 5 TDs; 1 INT (2nd team)

*James Foster (FR QB) is a big dude, he will RS, but man he is bigger than all the other QBs.

*Bobby Brown was making plays left and right and is a big dude. Guess he qualified Bama fans .

*Clemons was on a scooter and a boot (screw in foot), Travon Fuller in shorts, Myles Jones in Shorts, Montel Parker in Shorts.... I didn't see Maduibuike. Those were the only injuries.... was honestly surprised at this point in camp to see. Only 1 major injury and he's expected back week 2-4

*Starting WR's are going to be Ausbon / Buckley / Q. Davis.... Davis looked good and that ACL tear 2 years ago seems to be healed up. Expecting him to break out.

*All the new RB have nice size, and the TE's looked pretty good too... Offense should be better than expected but will all revolve around the OL....as usual.

*Anthony Hines is getting a look at rover ...he was out there with Alaka / Dodson

*Team looks noticeably bigger and more "SEC" ready, I'd say Mond gained 10 lbs.

8-4 should be attainable
                      Foster looks like a good fit for the Jimbo offense, wouldn't be surprised if he was put into use if Starkel and/or Mond can't get it done. He is one heck of a good athlete.

I'm so ready for some football.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                        Foster looks like a good fit for the Jimbo offense, wouldn't be surprised if he was put into use if Starkel and/or Mond can't get it done. He is one heck of a good athlete.

I'm so ready for some football.
                        He's bigger than all the other QB's. Starkel is listed at 6-3' and 215, while Foster is 6-3' and 210....Foster is thicker than him from head to toe, I was sitting where they were warming up and Starkels more like 210 and Foster is about 215. Foster is a hair shorter too, I'd say he's 6-2"

He should be interesting in a couple years for sure. Below is a pic for reference.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by EastTexasMan; 08-13-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Reports out of Funkytown have been fairly positive.

OL has been GOOD and well ahead of where most thought they should be. Sure is a huge difference when you have an actual OL coach

There have been rumors of a QB battle since the Spring. I haven't put much stock in it until last night. A buddy of mine that is pretty connected with the program said there is definitely a QB battle. I still think Robinson eventually wins the job due to running ability.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Reports out of Funkytown have been fairly positive.

OL has been GOOD and well ahead of where most thought they should be. Sure is a huge difference when you have an actual OL coach

There have been rumors of a QB battle since the Spring. I haven't put much stock in it until last night. A buddy of mine that is pretty connected with the program said there is definitely a QB battle. I still think Robinson eventually wins the job due to running ability.

With Justin Rogers?

Last report I saw he wasn’t 100% back from that knee injury.

With Robinson and Rogers, the future of TCU QB looks great in a QB driven league.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              With Justin Rogers?

Last report I saw he wasn’t 100% back from that knee injury.

With Robinson and Rogers, the future of TCU QB looks great in a QB driven league.
                              Rogers won't play this year. He's participating but not 100% yet. It's between Michael Collins and Robinson. Collins can really throw it but more of a pro style QB which is why I think Robinson ends up winning the job. They are still splitting reps evenly with the 1's currently.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X