This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
    I know the recruiting class is exciting, but please don’t use ESPN recruiting rankings when discussing class rankings. They are universally considered the most incompetent of the services. That said, I hope the class holds together and they get production from the class that equals the ranking.
    And that my friend is definitely the key. It seems like during the sumlin era, we had a bunch of highly rated recruits, but very few panned out. In fact, it seems like a large number of the high profile guys transferred after getting beat out. I'm ready for production.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

How many do they have in the class?

Comment

I just hope he can keep this recruiting momentum in the years to come so that we actually have quality backups that can step in and play just as good. You have to have depth and be able to bring out production in the talent you have to win. I expect good things to come in the next few years out of the Aggies. Who knows, maybe we could see an all Texas national championship game in 2-3 years. Would love to see the Aggies and Longhorns be the dominate teams in college football. Of course I do want the Aggies to be the dominate team in the state though.

Comment

Nothing has changed. Several tOSU commits from Texas. Hmmmmmmmm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ags will end up somewhere between 5-7, OU around the same and Texas will either be a fringe top 10 class or somewhere between 10-15.

The Ag staff is taking advantage of NEW and HOPE and have the throttle pressed firmly into the floorboard. Herman did the same in his first full cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Ags will end up somewhere between 5-7, OU around the same and Texas will either be a fringe top 10 class or somewhere between 10-15.

The Ag staff is taking advantage of NEW and HOPE and have the throttle pressed firmly into the floorboard. Herman did the same in his first full cycle.
              Agree with this.

Both programs are pushing HOPE and EXPECTED future success. What remains to be seen is who gets there first. Herman has a year head start on Jimbo, the race is on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

"New" and "hope" are good to sell, but this isn't anything new for Fisher. I think he averaged top 5 classes every year at FSU. This will be a top 5 class unless we have a disastrous season (6-6 or worse) and decommit season happens. The one thing I am encouraged by is Fisher is doing this without much help so to speak. He really can't negatively recruit against other staffs because most of the SEC west and UT have stability in their programs.

Comment

There was some talk the other week about average recruit rating in the team rankings. Remove the kicker from the equation, a&m goes to 91.35. Take away the prospect de/lb and they are up to the same as the longhorns. Although, the kicker may be as important as any of the recruits if he is good.

Comment

It is new and the hope is that he can recreate the success he had at FSU. It wasn’t still trending on the up when he left.

When you win, recruiting comes easy. When you recruit off winning a title even easier.

He’s selling that hope, he will have to produce to sustain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                      There was some talk the other week about average recruit rating in the team rankings. Remove the kicker from the equation, a&m goes to 91.35. Take away the prospect de/lb and they are up to the same as the longhorns. Although, the kicker may be as important as any of the recruits if he is good.
                      Update on Avg Star Ratings:

Texas - 15 commits - 0.9168
                      Texas A&M - Top 15 Commits - 0.9414

Since they only have 15 commits, you line up our top 15 and there you have it.

Texas will have to add some depth guys to their class..... we just already have done that.

It's unrealistic to expect them to fill up with 10-4* guys from here on out....That avg will drop
                      Last edited by EastTexasMan; 08-08-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        Update on Avg Star Ratings:

Texas - 15 commits - 0.9168
                        Texas A&M - Top 15 Commits - 0.9414

Since they only have 15 commits, you line up our top 15 and there you have it.

Texas will have to add some depth guys to their class..... we just already have done that.

It's unrealistic to expect them to fill up with 10-4* guys from here on out....That avg will drop
                        I think a better comparison would be Jimbo's first 15 vs TH's first 15.....I have no idea what the numbers come out to be

Comment

Just if they all stick.

Comment

Great class so far by the Aggies.

Comment

Why is Aggy worried about Texas still? #1 and #2 are in your conference and on the schedule.

My goal as a fan is to beat OU and TCU and win the conference. The rest will fall into place. That would mean having to play UGA and Bama and Clemson. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Why is Aggy worried about Texas still? #1 and #2 are in your conference and on the schedule.

My goal as a fan is to beat OU and TCU and win the conference. The rest will fall into place. That would mean having to play UGA and Bama and Clemson. LOL.
                                Maybe because the majority that are posting on here are fans of either a&m or longhorn? and they like to post stuff to put the others on edge. But I'm sure you don't know anything about trolling?lol

Comment

Working...
                                X