Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far would you drive to save a $100.00 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    This ^^^^. Load the wife up and make a road trip out of it.
    I caint get along with the woman that long, one time she was a fussing at me and I just jumped out of the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      I caint get along with the woman that long, one time she was a fussing at me and I just jumped out of the truck.
      Mine usually is sleeping before we get out of the driveway.

Comment

1 hour

Comment

it depends,, if it is a common thing and I can get it on line or locally,,, not more than 25 miles,,,,. if its a primo marlin 1894 pre safety well ... I just drove from Beaumont to Waco and was happy to do it,,

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            how is this even a question

^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It would have to be very close and you add in cost of fuel time .. But that is me

Comment

15-30 minutes unless it's an item I really need that day or something I want and can't find (but that's not the question).

Comment

I’ve driven 2 hours each way for big items (four wheelers, jet skis) but the savings were significant. For $100 I would rather just order off amazon and be done with it.

Comment

If you weren't doing anything anyway so your time was free, then at the standard mileage rate of 57.5 cents/mile, you would use up your $100 savings in 174 miles. Cost of a operating a vehicle isn't just the fuel used.

Comment

Depends on what the item is.

If it’s a gun I really want even if it’s a break even deal, I’ll drive to buy via private transaction over buying from a dealer. Only deal breaker there would be if the seller wants something stupid like a bill of sale or what not.

On regular “commodity” type items I sure ain’t driving a few hundred miles and several hours for a used item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I thought maybe it was a typo and was meant to say $1,000.......

Comment

It is a question because it is a sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information. Usually a question is easy to spot by looking at the punctuation, i.e. “?” (the question mark).

If I misunderstood your statement (guessing as there was no punctuation included in your post) and you were pointing out the amount of money ($100) being low or high it is good to remember that value is relative based on the person and where they are in their life. $100 to 19 year old college student Booner Sooner is lightyears different than present day Booner.

[emoji6]

Comment

Id drive 30 min each way MAX.

Comment

Working...
                            X