Street Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artos View Post
    guessing because (at least down here) you cannot get a 'street taco' with flour tortillas if you attempted to order such.
    Re-read. I said "typically a doubled corn tortilla" and pointed out the name was to help differentiate it from US (United States) style tacos with flour tortillas and a bunch of toppings.

Comment

Corn tortillas any meat they offer with cilantro and onions. Not crispy corn or flour with ground beef and lettuce
      Last edited by Pigkilln; 07-28-2018, 07:57 PM. Reason: Change

Comment

We had a great little street vendor selling tacos but he got run off for not having all the city permits required to peddle food. Miss him too, he had late hours and great food.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
          Re-read. I said "typically a doubled corn tortilla" and pointed out the name was to help differentiate it from US (United States) style tacos with flour tortillas and a bunch of toppings.
          well...then I have no idea why you aren't from texas

Comment

I can't find a good place now for street tacos since I have moved to Spring. Miss my meat market right around the corner from my old place off 249.

Comment

Tex mex made folks differentiate between a taco and a street taco.

Comment

Well, let's see here. Taquitos on corn tortillas have always been available in south TEXAS. They are now available statewide. The name Tex Mex refers to food on both sides of the border. Even Laredo Taco Company in Stripes all over central and south Texas has taquitos de bistec.

Large flour tacos are popular as well in South Texas and northern Mexico but not with the lettuce and tomatoes. It's just meat in the tortilla and you dress it up at the salsa bar.

What you speak of is an American fast food soft taco. They are good too just not true representation of the state of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  well...then I have no idea why you aren't from texas
                  Because he thinks corn taquitos are only in Mexico and groups Texas in with USA fast food soft tacos.

Comment

God I love tacos!

To me a street taco is about simplicity and made to assemble and eat quickly. IMO anything more than meat of choice, raw white onion, cilantro and hot sauce isn't a street taco.

Crap, now I want tacos...

Comment

Todavia con los street tacos?
                      Nombre, a la mousers!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Well, let's see here. Taquitos on corn tortillas have always been available in south TEXAS. They are now available statewide. The name Tex Mex refers to food on both sides of the border. Even Laredo Taco Company in Stripes all over central and south Texas has taquitos de bistec.
                        Please, quote me where I said you couldn't get corn tortilla tacos in Texas. And they're available nationwide, I've even had street tacos in Chicago and New York.

Large flour tacos are popular as well in South Texas and northern Mexico but not with the lettuce and tomatoes. It's just meat in the tortilla and you dress it up at the salsa bar.
                        And where did I say otherwise?

What you speak of is an American fast food soft taco. They are good too just not true representation of the state of Texas.
                        Whether fast food or home-assembled, most Americans (and this goes for a lot of Texans too) when they think of a taco, think of hard shells or soft flour tortillas with a ton of toppings on it. Which is why I pointed out the name "street taco" helps to differentiate from what most people think of when they hear taco.

Because he thinks corn taquitos are only in Mexico and groups Texas in with USA fast food soft tacos.
                        You infer much that wasn't said. Please quote me where I said you can't get corn tortilla street tacos in the US.

Lastly, why are you saying taquitos? While literally translating to "little taco", that's a rolled up and fried taco, not what we're discussing.

Comment

90% of your original post and your last are not true. I don't have to prove it cause it is blatantly obvious.

Lol at your last comment that is waaaaay wrong. Lol. Those are flautas, ese. No need to waste any more time bro. Lol.

Yankee.

Lol.
                          Please, quote me where I said you couldn't get corn tortilla tacos in Texas. And they're available nationwide, I've even had street tacos in Chicago and New York.

And where did I say otherwise?

Whether fast food or home-assembled, most Americans (and this goes for a lot of Texans too) when they think of a taco, think of hard shells or soft flour tortillas with a ton of toppings on it. Which is why I pointed out the name "street taco" helps to differentiate from what most people think of when they hear taco.

You infer much that wasn't said. Please quote me where I said you can't get corn tortilla street tacos in the US.

Lastly, why are you saying taquitos? While literally translating to "little taco", that's a rolled up and fried taco, not what we're discussing.
                          Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-30-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Lol at your last comment that is waaaaay wrong. Lol. Those are flautas, ese. No need to waste any more time bro. Lol.

Yankee.

Lol.

God you're a troll. Flautas and taquitos are used interchangeably.

Comment

Lol.

They are rolled tacos bro. Ask anyone from El Paso about Chicos. Texans and hispanics lol at them being called taquitos. Thats like the pub food version. In Tex Mex and Mexican restaurants taquitos are mini tacos and the rolled version are flautas.

I travel the state and sample the bbq and mexican food from all regions. I have studied both extensively in my life.

Comment

Now if you google it you will think you are right because most of America uses improper terms. If you travel from El Paso to Houston and swing down through the valley and stop at every town and look at the menu and ask the locals you will get my answer 100% of the time.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-31-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X