Covered up in hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
    Looks like the calling had a delayed response.
    That was my first thought. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
      This is the most in one group I have gotten on camera well one of the pics any ways they stayed all night and into the morning crazy . fishndude you ready ??

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

deer in the back ground on this one

That is quiet a few porkers, sort of like my feeders! I have thousands more pics like this from everyone of my feeders (4 total) from the last month Some with WAY more porkers than this pic shows!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	24547076

Comment

Looks like good times ahead

Comment

Interlocking fields of fire........wait till you see the whites of their eyes.

Comment

not too long ago that was all grass just rooted up dirt now. But the deer are still coming and eating as well.. I thought maybe the hogs would push the deer out ??

Need to control these and fast
            They will, give it time. Once the sounder gets bigger you will have a few deer coming in and then the hogs will push them out of the way.

Comment

My other lease did not have pigs so if I start shooting at them around the feeder will they stop coming as often And in such large groups

Comment

My other lease did not have pigs so if I start shooting at them around the feeder will they stop coming as often And in such large groups
                No, they will change the time when they show up and become very aware of their surroundings.

Your only way is to pen in your feeder with hog panels. That will cost you 300-400 dollars if you go to the store and buy the material.

Comment

So we get a few TBH guys out there have done fun then build a pen I will buy the beer

Comment

So we get a few TBH guys out there have done fun then build a pen I will buy the beer
                    They dont take too long to build, unless your in rocky soil.

Comment

Sounds fun! Where at?

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                        Sounds fun! Where at?
                        The price of the pen will go up 300.00 if we go help, and we will forget to put it up around the feeder.

Comment

When I'm trying to lay a bunch in the dirt, 12-ga 3" mag #4 buck is my go-to ammo. #4 buck is .24 caliber and there are 41 pellets in a 3" load, so you just need to back off far enough to get a good spread, and wait until you have a good group target.

Comment

Soil is sand in that area so easy to knock tee post into ground I planned on moving the feeder somevsmy ways so I guess I will have to pen it up really did not want to

Comment

Soil is sand in that area so easy to knock tee post into ground I planned on moving the feeder somevsmy ways so I guess I will have to pen it up really did not want to
                              Hogs will still come around the perimeter of the pen looking for any corn that landed out side. If you want to hunt pigs out of the blind near your feeder just throw out a bucket of corn and they will show.

But make sure you know that hogs outside the pen may make the deer leave, as it happens at my farm now.

I have lived the nightmare of hogs for quite a few years. I like to kill them with my bow and thermal set up but after a while you realize you cant win.

Comment

Well large round pen to not allow corn outside it. As for pigs I wish I had not sold my Ingram it would have been spot on for this it was a 45 acp version it would have put a smack down on them

Comment

Working...
                                X