Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting. Prison time or Miller time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I avoid people whenever possible. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Can't argue with that!

Comment

So anytime you get in a heated altercation pull your weapon and kill people?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Must have missed that part in the video

Nope. I evaluate the situation and determine the correct response based what TBH says I should do.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        Sounds like we agree on all aspects. With that being said S happens which it did and you and I would have handled it the same. Just because it maybe legal doesn’t make it a good shoot.
        I think Michael has put it best in his responses.
        I think most here, including myself, agree with that. But the original question was "jail time?" making it a question of legality.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          Can't argue with that!
          I've never heard that kind of talk around here. Surely you can muster up some kind of argument.

Comment

Asking for a friend.........

Could one "theoretically" lets say load up on OO buckshot, drive to FL with my Rem 1100 (I mean my friends), drive to various gas stations and "stand my ground"(I mean my friend could)? As the law is written in FL of course.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Pray for the poor son of a *****...because shes not going to stop at shoving him down...
              LMAO. I'd have to warn the guy, "dude she's fixing to be all over you like a weedeater". And if that didn't work and she had her CCW on him I'd have to warn him again, "dude i've seen her shoot and she shoots low all the time. You're gonna get shot in the nads."

Comment

Its easy to see which TBHers could not fight there way out of a wet paper sack.

k
                Dilly Dilly

Comment

Video just proves we need a lot more Grace in our lives overall as a society. There's too much nitpicking over things that don't matter in the long run and not enough compassion and love. Both sides of this video prove this point. A little Grace goes a long way to make the world an easier place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                    Who initiated the confrontation? The dumb *** Barney Fife with the CHL. The parking spot violation was absolutely none of the old mans business. Because you have a gun and a permit does not give you the right enforce the law. He is not a cop or deputy. The whole thing could have been avoided. If you decide to go around enforcing every violation you see in the public realm and decide to confront people like this. Well, We will be reading and posting about your dumb decisions too.
                    ****, it took 147 posts for someone to say it. If it ticks you off some slug parked in the HC spot, call the PD! It ain't your efn job to monitor the parking lot! He'd already been told to quit harassing people about it. He was looking for a reaction so he could be deputy dawg...and it'll end up costing him one way or another.
                    He'd have a stroke if he sat in the WM parking lot and watched all the lazy (perfectly healthy) scum park in the HC spots that do have their (illegally gotten) blue tag!lol At work we call em walmart parking passes....sad.

Comment

Sheriff is standing by his decision .... will be interesting what the attorney general does

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                        Sheriff is standing by his decision .... will be interesting what the attorney general does

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-ma...ry?id=56937230
                        Of course he is. Smart man. Just like on this forum it could go either way. He only has to enforce the law which states it's justified if you believe your in fear for your life.
                        Barney was assaulted and he felt his life was endangered. Matters nothing to the sheriff if it started because Barney was playing parking lot monitor......It's in the hands of politics now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

I love how right out the gate, this article tells you the shooter was white and the dead man was black. Agenda much?

They forgot about race by the time they got to the sheriff.

Comment

A documentary series about Trayvon, came out this week. Zimmerman is currently on trial for stalking a PI that was working for the production company.

I honestly dont see how this instance of stand your ground, has not been made into a bigger deal already.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              A documentary series about Trayvon, came out this week. Zimmerman is currently on trial for stalking a PI that was working for the production company.

I honestly dont see how this instance of stand your ground, has not been made into a bigger deal already.
                              This statement by the sheriff
                              "Remember you all don't have all of the facts and have not seen all of the evidence because it is an ongoing investigation," the sheriff said. "I've seen the evidence."
                              leads me to believe there is more to the story and thats probably why it hasn't blown up more.

Comment

Wow, I just realized the deceased's last name was McGlockton. What a coincidence. He got Glocked all right!

Comment

Working...
                                X