Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting. Prison time or Miller time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I see in the video, only way I wouldn’t be dead in that situation is if I hit him hard enough he couldn’t pull his gun out.

Comment

For those of you saying a shove is no big deal, you need to stop watching movies. Muggings/assaults don’t happen where the bad guy steps out In front of you, stares you down and you have a chance to draw and shoot it out. Your going to get blind sided by a more violent individual who is already acting on an advantage. If you get shoved to the ground you are already in serious trouble. If you don’t immediately react in a more violent manner you’re going to get severely injured, or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once you put hands on someone all bets are off. Dead guy didnt realize an old guy would fight back with bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          For those of you saying a shove is no big deal, you need to stop watching movies. Muggings/assaults don’t happen where the bad guy steps out In front of you, stares you down and you have a chance to draw and shoot it out. Your going to get blind sided by a more violent individual who is already acting on an advantage. If you get shoved to the ground you are already in serious trouble. If you don’t immediately react in a more violent manner you’re going to get severely injured, or worse.

Yep you can tell the folks that haven't been in or seen a bad situation go from bad to worse.

Comment

Lots of things wrong with this situation and how it escalated out of control...

At the end of the day, everything should be determined by the totality of the circumstances. Did the shooter, in his mind reasonably believe that his life was in danger and/or that he would be seriously injured/harmed...

Something to consider, how fast can you draw, aim and fire?? The shooter might have made the decision to pull the trigger sooner than he actually took the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              A CHL holder has a RESPONSIBILITY to avoid confrontation, not instigate it. BECAUSE he was carrying a gun is reason enough to not instigate an argument (ie confronting somebody for parking in a handicap spot) that could potentially escalate into a physical confrontation.

IMO, the shooting was absolutely not justified, and would be a gross misapplication of the "stand your ground" defense. Death penalty is a harsh punishment for being shoved to the ground.

Exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Cowardly, tragic, and avoidable in several different ways. The video is just sickening.

That being said, if some crazy older guy is yelling at my wife outside of a gas station, there’s a decent chance that I hit him in the mouth.

We don’t know the whole story (and taking a handicapped spots gets under my skin, too), but you don’t yell at a woman and you don’t shoot someone for getting knocked on your *** for yelling at a woman.

There are a whole lot of cowards out there with guns and that is what’s scary to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

Agreed

Comment

Dead guy made it physical he played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

Comment

The “old man” is 47 years old. I haven’t seen anything to indicate that HE was actually handicapped or infirm. Anyone got a link regarding his health?

Comment

Hypothetically, if someone violently shoves me to the ground, and that was a serious shove, hard enough to hurt someone, I wouldn’t hesitate to draw on them. That being said, if they’re unarmed and not making a move to continue the assault, there’s no way I’d pull the trigger. Pulling the firearm was likely enough to stop the threat, and in the video it appeared he backed up. This is not a justified shooting in my opinion.

Comment

It’s noy hard to understand.

Who initiated the confrontation? The dumb *** Barney Fife with the CHL. The parking spot violation was absolutely none of the old mans business. Because you have a gun and a permit does not give you the right enforce the law. He is not a cop or deputy. The whole thing could have been avoided. If you decide to go around enforcing every violation you see in the public realm and decide to confront people like this. Well, We will be reading and posting about your dumb decisions too.
                          Last edited by Head Hunter; 07-23-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah that is BS there when he pulled the gun that guy backed up and didn’t seem to be a threat to him and he shot him . So it’s ok to shoot someone that pushes you down in Florida then ?

Comment

Shooter...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrW07HJw248"]Who is Michael Drejka? Florida's Stand Your Ground put to the TEST! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I don’t see how anyone can logically take away that this guy thought he was getting mugged. He’s agressively yelling at a dudes girlfriend, gets popped, then pulls a gun? That’s not self defense, that’s being a little betch.

Comment

Working...
                                X