Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you combat this?

Comment

I have to agree with splitting the lane to run up to a red light- for safety purposes (keeping from getting rear-ended). I have had it done to me several times and I just nod and say 'nice bike'.

However, there is no way any biker can justify splitting lanes in moving traffic, especially on a highway! Even when the traffic is slow, people still shift lanes. These idiots that zip through at high speeds just to save time... **** YOU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        I'm thinking double tap but I'm probably wrong.

Comment

What really grabs my attention in many posts is how people repeat "a few bad bikers give the rest a bad name".
          I have several buddies who ride. I don't think they are bad people. I do think they are a--holes on the road. They ride in large groups (like poker runs) impeding traffic making even legal passing difficult. They sit at lights revving their engines because apparently you have to let everyone there know you are there for "safety" reasons. Even though they aren't moving. They cannot maintain a speed. If they all blew by me I'd be fine with that. But no. They get in a group and they speed up and slow down. Or they are just slow.
          Them being on the road is fine. They just seem to have the need to be jerks every way they can.
          Of course drivers in trucks and cars do some of those things too so . . .
          Never mind. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the State of Texas has not actually taken a stand on this issue yet. At least a few years back I could find no mention of lane splitting in Texas traffic laws. It is neither deemed legal nor illegal. I am open to anyone who can prove me wrong! With no stand taken, the issue has not seen much publicity which has caused confusion in the public as to whether the guy between him and the cage next to him is legal and therefore does not recognize the hazards. Therefore, the Cyclist should take considerable care when performing this maneuver . I myself would rather wait in line, pull over and let the bike cool, whatever, than trust the fool next to me to see me while he is texting, talking on the phone, polishing his nails or whatever.

Comment

Stuck in a traffic jam? Hum Rider is here to help. With the push of a button, Hum Rider widens and elevates and lets you drive over cars in front of you. Pro...

Would the lane splitters be ok with this? haha

Comment

Originally posted by neuman32 View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faU7-6u58zM

Would the lane splitters be ok with this? haha
                Nah some hillbilly will spit at ya for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  That's dumb, you're just jealous. What's it hurt you if he cruises through? It doesn't, you're just being an ***.
                  Then count me in as an ***

Comment

Where it is legal is for the reason of overheating. Bikes specially the air cooled ones can over heat fast sitting in traffic. They are not supposed to do it at speed in any of the legal states but then can roll through at a slower speed which increases their safety a lot.

I used to do it when I had to in Florida as the highway often became a parking lot. It helped that I rode a retired police bike back then, people are watching their mirrors while sitting because on that bike I never had issues if I was lead rider, if I wasn't my buddies did with cars trying to squeeze you in.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                      There are people on motorcycles on the roadways?
                      Yes there are and some of them are as reckless as any teenage texting or driving under the influence. I was changing lanes a few weeks ago and I could see a bike approaching me going about 120mph so I quickly responded and decided to get back in my lane and he decided to go around me.. I jerked back over again and he flew by me at about 130+ just barely avoiding a definite fatality.

Comment

Had one of the idiots come screaming down 610 yesterday morning lane splitting & weaving through cutting people off. He was MOVING!! Told my son I wish he would wreck it. I would pull the trailer over him & drag him a few feet before he rolled out. Hate scumbags like that.

Comment

YouTube lane splitting crashes , enjoy!

I was raised on street bikes and did my fair share of hauling azz but never put anyone's life in jeopardy but my own. About 2 years ago I had 6 or 7 roll by me doing 100 plus on 45 N, I could tell by the way a couple were riding they were green... sure enough about 2 miles up one was on the side of the road. He had slammed in the back of a car, as far as I could tell he was ok just shaken up....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Had one of the idiots come screaming down 610 yesterday morning lane splitting & weaving through cutting people off. He was MOVING!! Told my son I wish he would wreck it. I would pull the trailer over him & drag him a few feet before he rolled out. Hate scumbags like that.
                            That's the spirit, gotta teach those young ones to properly hate.

BTW, can't cut someone off if they're going faster, that's just called called changing lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              That's the spirit, gotta teach those young ones to properly hate.
                              The sport biker punks weaving in and out, blocking lanes so other morons can do wheelies, harley guys who's bikes must not be able to idle properly, and the general attitude of "forget you I'm on muh bike" is what made me hate them. Don't worry, I hate left lane campers, texters, drunks, etc too. Living in Houston brings out lots of love for humanity.
                              Last edited by jdg13; 08-27-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Though I don't condone what these guys are doing. I can't understand someone wanting to take their lives to teach them a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                                X