Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
    I don’t have any pictures but open up the door and look straight ahead and get a piece of paper or something to slide in there and make sure there isn’t a gap between the hopper bottom and the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No wires or anything it’s about a 2” square bottom on the hopper (funnel) and make sure there isn’t a vertical gap between that and the plate the corn falls down through down to the spinner.

Comment

No wires or anything it’s about a 2” square bottom on the hopper (funnel) and make sure there isn’t a vertical gap between that and the plate the corn falls down through down to the spinner.

Roger. I'll check it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
        Corn hits the wiring and ricochets up through the hole.

This

Comment

It’s definitely not shooting corn up through any holes as I saw it leaking corn when we first filled it. Be aware when you go to buc-ees to look for gaps in the engine compartment.

I confirmed yesterday when I set up my feeder that corn wasn't leaking anywhere but it DEFINITELY ricochets up through the wire hole when it spins just like Skinny said. I got about 4-5 kernels on each 6 second spin. Duct tape cured the problem.

Comment

I confirmed yesterday when I set up my feeder that corn wasn't leaking anywhere but it DEFINITELY ricochets up through the wire hole when it spins just like Skinny said. I got about 4-5 kernels on each 6 second spin. Duct tape cured the problem.

Different issue and I’ll watch out for that too. I have 2 of them that literally POUR corn into the dry area where the battery and timer goes when you fill the hopper with corn and before running the timer.

Comment

Different issue and I’ll watch out for that too. I have 2 of them that literally POUR corn into the dry area where the battery and timer goes when you fill the hopper with corn and before running the timer.

That's no bueno. I'm going to lease in a couple days to make sure all is well.

Comment

Same problem with mine. There is a gap between the bottom of the funnel and the floor. That lets the dry area fill up with corn. I took pics and sent them to All seasons. Also spoke to them. They weren’t aware of any issues. When they saw the pics I sent them they were concerned. I told them that I went back to the same Bucees in a Denton looked at the 8 they had and all had the same issue. I’m going to let mine run out of corn and take it back. I did try to patch it but that didn’t work. You can’t snake your arm all the way around the funnel. I’ll try and post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                  Same problem with mine. There is a gap between the bottom of the funnel and the floor. That lets the dry area fill up with corn. I took pics and sent them to All seasons. Also spoke to them. They weren’t aware of any issues. When they saw the pics I sent them they were concerned. I told them that I went back to the same Bucees in a Denton looked at the 8 they had and all had the same issue. I’m going to let mine run out of corn and take it back. I did try to patch it but that didn’t work. You can’t snake your arm all the way around the funnel. I’ll try and post pics.
                  I looked at mine before I filled it and saw no such gap. Got mine at alliance store couple weeks ago. When did you notice the gap?

Comment

Both of mine had that gap. I ended up just sealing off with silicone.

Comment

I looked at mine before I filled it and saw no such gap. Got mine at alliance store couple weeks ago. When did you notice the gap?

I noticed it when I got home. Looked at it thought about taking it back then thought ahh it’ll be ok. As soon as I filled it with corn I new I had a problem. But if I would have taken it back or went back to Bucees and looked at the rest of them I would have thought that that’s the way they were built because they were all like that. The funnel is supposed to sit in the hole flush. I think there is a pic of one a the top of the thread that sits flush. I’m not able to post pics. I can can send to someone if they can post

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                        Both of mine had that gap. I ended up just sealing off with silicone.

Was it empty when you sealed it ?

Comment

[ATTACH]968600[/ATTACH]

Comment

Must have been a bad run of that batch, mine didn't have any gap like this and no corn escaped into the dry battery area when filled. Mine doesn't have that black conduit coming from the motor though. And why do you have the black and red wires going into the hopper?

Comment

Saved

Comment

Must have been a bad run of that batch, mine didn't have any gap like this and no corn escaped into the dry battery area when filled. Mine doesn't have that black conduit coming from the motor though. And why do you have the black and red wires going into the hopper?

Sounds like ASF needs to make this right for the folks affected by it. That’s just flat out **** poor quality control...

Would be nice if they could come up with a solution folks could fix themselves with feeder in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X