Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BDKett View Post
    Quick and cheap fix, $1.00 rubber fender washer.

Very nice! Good tip

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

Varmint cages are soo 2017 ..The newest feeders @ buccees have a metal cover that closes off the exposed motor wires. I used this feeder last season and battery stayed charged, coons and pigs haven't messed with it yet, on high rpm throws great inside a 10 panel pen and a decent entry level price point. On a side note if you fill it all the way up to 12bags you will notice a lil sagging near the spinner..it hasn't affected the throwing distance yet..something to keep an eye out for.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
          Varmint cages are soo 2017 ..The newest feeders @ buccees have a metal cover that closes off the exposed motor wires. I used this feeder last season and battery stayed charged, coons and pigs haven't messed with it yet, on high rpm throws great inside a 10 panel pen and a decent entry level price point. On a side note if you fill it all the way up to 12bags you will notice a lil sagging near the spinner..it hasn't affected the throwing distance yet..something to keep an eye out for.

If you read the whole thread there are some fellas that have a solution for the sag. ... it’s been covered a few times.

Comment

I think you get what you pay for. The $399 is not the same quality the $600 ASF is.Thicker metal and better feeder motor and timer. So do you want cheap or you want good to last longer......?

Comment

ASF headed somewhere this morn with a load of the EZ feeders

Comment

Just bought one of these EZ Feeders w the upgrade shroud on the motor wire. I siliconed a few places but overall looks pretty good. The only issue these may have is longevity. The angle iron base is pretty thin so rust will be an issue.

Comment

Asf ez-feeder

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
                  I think you get what you pay for. The $399 is not the same quality the $600 ASF is.Thicker metal and better feeder motor and timer. So do you want cheap or you want good to last longer......?

The $600 might be a tad bit better quality on the legs system but I’m not a fan of having to reach under and jack with the timer nor all the corn being knocked down by the cage . If they would build the $600 using the $399 plate system, the timed proteins feeder box on the side and the $600 legs frames then they would have something .

But for $399 to me it’s a heckuva value for what you get.
                  Last edited by Smart; 03-21-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I did like the latest improvement adding the shroud over the motor wire. I'm thinking about picking up another one this Spring for a 'pig spot' I would like to hunt more. If ASF figured out a way to include the sight glass on the $399 feeder....I wish Lamco would do something similar. I'm going to have to figure out a way to add one to my Low and Throw. Definitely a nice feature to have. And no, they don't 'always leak' like some folks think they do

Comment

I am in the FL panhandle and would like to buy one of the $399 feeders. The only Bucees nearby does not have any and cannot say if they ever will. Is there any way to contact someone at Bucees to find out?

Comment

Bought one today. It does not come with a timer according to the Bucee's employee. Extra $58. I bought it but I'm taking the timer back because I forgot that I had a fairly new timer at my house.Seems to be well built.

Comment

Originally posted by dwwilliams72 View Post
                          Bought one today. It does not come with a timer according to the Bucee's employee. Extra $58. I bought it but I'm taking the timer back because I forgot that I had a fairly new timer at my house.Seems to be well built.
                          Both of mine came with timers.

Comment

You need to go back in the store...I believe Smart said they keep the timers inside to keep them from being stolen.

Comment

They do come with timers

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                They do come with timers
                                Well they charged me for it. Total was $494.70

Comment

Working...
                                X