No announcement yet.

Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve gone to TJs. All the things I didn’t like about ASE feeders TJ addressed.
    But I love my ASE smoker!

Comment

I just left Buccees in Wharton. They have 9 of the EZ feeders there.

Comment

8 left in Wharton....I just got one.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
          I've got a review for you guys...

I picked up one of these from the Bucee's in Terrell this summer and put it out in Knox County. It was easy to set up and ran great for a few months but the last time we went out it wasn't throwing. After messing with batteries, swapping timers, etc., I figured out that the large "varmint-proofing" plate that sits under the spinner needs to be adjusted down about another 1/2-3/4" away from the base of the feeder box. This will prevent the spinner plate from letting the corn kernels get jammed up between the plate and the bottom of the feeder. I think this is mostly due to the weight of all the corn on the bottom of the feeder box and lack of support.. otherwise when full it will bulge/swell enough to get the spinner plate & corn in a bind.

Not sure how long my feeder was locked up but I think I've realized the biggest design flaw with these cheaper ASF stand & fill feeders. I plan to replace the bolts holding the plate with some that don't have the sleeves (threaded 100% of the shaft) and add 2 nuts to act as spacers.

Anyone else run into this issue yet?

I cut 3 pieces of 1/2" PVC pipe 1 1/4" long, and pushed/forced them into place, spaced about 120 degrees apart, a couple of inches out from the spinner plate. I'm thinking that they will help keep the gap from sagging or squeezing tighter. We'll see if it helps, I guess

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
            I cut 3 pieces of 1/2" PVC pipe 1 1/4" long, and pushed/forced them into place, spaced about 120 degrees apart, a couple of inches out from the spinner plate. I'm thinking that they will help keep the gap from sagging or squeezing tighter. We'll see if it helps, I guess
            That's a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
              That's a good idea

Comment

Neat idea..i put mine out this past weekend we will see..it did sling pretty good tho.

Comment

The only problem I am having is sometimes the motor will fire and sometimes it won't I have traced and tested everything all the way back to the motor. I am thinking it is a bad solder point in the motor since the wiring is 1 piece back to the timer connector.

All I have to do is give it a good smack and it starts working again. If it is the motor what will suck is changing it out because I will need to dump corn.

Comment

After reading comments, my buddy’s feeder was gaveling corn piling up on the plate. He had the setting on low power, turned it to high power and throwing like a charm now.

Comment

Anybody live close to the Temple Buc-ee’s? They were supposed to get a new shipment in this week and I was going to go grab one tomorrow morning. As of this morning there wasn’t any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welp after having the feeder out for 2 weeks the motor crapped out. Fortunately, I called ASF today and they are shipping me a new motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post

That's a dang good idea right there.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                            That’s wild. I have the same feeder and the corn just slides right down. Maybe a kernel or two will stay but the wind takes care of those.

Maybe wax it or something?

This is the one I have and it’s angled so the corn slides off. I checked mine and it had a few pieces on it but that’s it.

Comment

Passed by the Terrell Buccee's and they had about 7 of them outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

This is the one I have and it’s angled so the corn slides off. I checked mine and it had a few pieces on it but that’s it.

Mine is angled also but looks like you got one with a slicker gloss finish. Mine did not have that. Might be a steeper angle also

Comment

Working...
                                X