Cooling down swimming pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    Titos from the freezer in a big tumbler of ice with fresh squeezed orange juice. Best way I know this time of year.
    Winner.

Comment

Ran the fountain all night and it dropped the pool temp from 96 to 90. I’ll check it this afternoon to see how hot it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Add night time low to daytime high

Divide by two

Equals water temp

So if the high is 110
        Low is 90

Water temp could be 100

Everything in this thread helps

Shade sprinkler sprayers

Dallas was 110 recently

Dang its hot

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
          https://www.glacierpoolcoolers.com/ Will cool it down 10-12 degrees overnight, for pennies a day. Cost you a couple grand. I have zero experience with it, myself.

I have heard to never buy a small pool, the specific reason being that it gets hot in the summer. Or if you do, get a sunshade for it and be sure it has a light colored bottom.

FWIW, a couple of summers ago we stayed at a Port Aransas Hotel, Gulf Shores. Great place, great pool, on the beach, etc. but the pool is cold, and I mean REFRIGERATED. I don't know how they do it, but it was so cold it hurt to swim in, even in August! I don't know what kind of mechanism they use, but it works like the dickens.
          HA HA I have been in it , I asked the guy that was working on it .. It has a large chiller basically liquid nitrogen that is being pumped in a coil that is wrapped around the water line . its a massive machine

Comment

that is a home model hotels use versions like this but much larger and they can reg the temp to what ever they want . Some run a heat pump if the pool needs to be warmed up or cooled down . based on where its at region wise

Comment

These are air conditioning cooling towers. You can get them as big as you want. They are the exact same principle as the fountain and spray bars, using evaporation to cool the water. Expect to have to add water to your pool to compensate for the extra evaporation, but its worth it as you get a cool pool. Running a cooler at night is more efficient than daytime due to reduced ambient temps. Be careful though, don't overcool. It can take a long tome to warm it back up.

Comment

We put up the sail shade and it made a big difference. Its our 3rd season with it. love it.

Comment

The pool water at my place north of Edna is well water. I just still the hose into the pool and let it run a while. Cools it off nicely.

Comment

Working...
                  X