Extreme Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
    That was a daily record, which means it�s hotter, on that date, than ever recorded. Check the overall high records in August and I�ll bet you there�s plenty of days up that high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No it set the all time high ever any date, previous had been 112 on Aug. 11 1969 for that area. Record all time for DFW is 113 on Jun. 27 1980.

Comment

Well, I covered about 11 miles of ground yesterday thanks to the “cold front”. I drank 96oz of water and Powerade throughout the day and was still dehydrated. To tell you how dehydrated... I was down 5.4lbs from the morning before! Sure was a productive day though.

Y’all all stay hydrated out there!

Good reminder about the hydration Make sure you are taking fluids that help replace the electrolytes. I went through two gallons of fluids the other day and was still feeling good. That is way to much fluids to replace over a 10 hour period.. It needs to be something with electrolytes or you will still be completely drained....

Comment

That was a daily record, which means it’s hotter, on that date, than ever recorded. Check the overall high records in August and I’ll bet you there’s plenty of days up that high.

When it hit 112 it was a daily record. They apparently said it had never hit 114 degrees here, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Good reminder about the hydration Make sure you are taking fluids that help replace the electrolytes. I went through two gallons of fluids the other day and was still feeling good. That is way to much fluids to replace over a 10 hour period.. It needs to be something with electrolytes or you will still be completely drained....

Absolutely right. 64oz of that was either electrolyte water or Powerade zero. Add in a Keto diet and electrolytes are an absolute MUST for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

In the summer of 2011 I had to be taken to the emergency room for what I thought was dehydration which had turned into heat exhaustion. Well, come to find out it was not dehydration. I had drank six 20 ounce bottles of water before lunch. I had flushed all of the good stuff out of my body by drinking too much water. When I got discharged from the ER I felt worse than what I did when I went in. It took a little over a week to get over it.

Comment

Working...
            X