Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed Broadhead Opinions (Another Broadhead Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    What are you guys hitting after a shot or during the shot? Like I have said on many occasions, I have used these heads for a long, long time and I have shot a bunch of critters, missed some critters and I have neve ever broken a ferrule. I am not shooting a light arrow either so mine are packing a pretty good punch, 420 to 595 grains aver the years being shot out of a 70# bow @ 29". These statement really baffle me. Not saying it did not happen, but after all I have done with them it has never happened to me.

Both of these were broke off inside of pigs. One shot with a crossbow, the other with a compound with a light arrow. Other than being broke off, the blades were all broke off as well; wish I’d have taken a picture of that as well

Comment

Good read for sure . I know I will stick with my ST deer pig Elk they do the job . Might not have a fancy name or some ultra improved tech from last year but they work . I might try the Viper trick as i have had great luck and that adds COC to the mix .

Any one tried those ?

Comment

KD, I am not doubting you, just surprised. I can understand not using those heads again with those experiences. About the same with what I had with Thunderheads and loosing blades way back in the day. That was my go to head for everything until the blades started coming out!

Comment

Muzzy or Rage

Comment

I’ve killed a bunch of stuff with Carbon Express XT 4 blades heads.

Comment

FYI, midwayUSA has the ramcats on clearance right now 26.98 for the 100 grains like a dollar more for the 125. Picked up a couple packs of the 100 grains.

Comment

Question for the group - I have always shot mechanical (which have came with a "practice point") but similar to OP want to try a fixed blade - to tune your bow to the fixed blades do you just use one broadhead as your "practice point" to get it tuned knowing that shooting foam is going to dull the blades?

Comment

Slicktrick standards is what I started with, now it's 125 magnums and love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                    Question for the group - I have always shot mechanical (which have came with a "practice point") but similar to OP want to try a fixed blade - to tune your bow to the fixed blades do you just use one broadhead as your "practice point" to get it tuned knowing that shooting foam is going to dull the blades?

Yes, I just take one out and use it for a practice head. You can change the blades/sharpen once you get it dialed in; but I just keep it for a practice head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X