Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever blown away at a concert (by the music?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    Man I really wish we could have seen Cody at Gruene Hall.. I know that had to be a great show.. He has outgrown that venue now..
    It was a great night. Cody officiated a wedding behind the Hall prior to going on stage. He has outgrown the venue for sure. It wasn't too bad listening to him for 3 solid hours for free there either, which is something else he has outgrown....

Comment

HEAR ME OUT ON THIS...

The Dixie Chicks..... Honest....

Back in the late 90s before they became all COCO for COCOA PUFFS. We went the Sons of Herman Hall in Dallas to see Pat Green. We love Pat and had gotten to know him on the road over time. They opened for him and there were maybe 15 people in the place when they played. They were just amazing - totally blown away. Friendly and very entertaining. We asked Pat and his crew what the deal was with them & one of his band mates was dating Natalie Maines at the time.
      Looking back..pretty funny stuff. I still have a picture of that night in my office at home. Good Times..

Comment

Al Di Meola and Return to Forever absolutely an experience I'll never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
          YES, at the woodlands, they are artists and incredible musicians!
          Saw them there as well. Great show!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            joe bonamassa - that guy can play!
            Puts on a show, alright! Watched him from the front row at the Paramount!

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
              Gwar, could not tell u a word from a song, or any name of their songs, but I've been to prob 7 of their concerts. Way to much fun
              You ain't lived if you've never been to a Gwar concert!

Comment

Two instances stand out in my mind.

Went to a Korn show back around 06. Hoobastank was one of the opening acts. Before they came out I debated on even sticking around to watch. Glad I did, they were really good. Much better than the other opening bands, 3 days grace and Chevelle.

Korn was on another level but that was to be expected.

The other was Stoney, I have seen him several times but this one show stands out. Small venue. He had a piano on stage and played Amazing Grace while leaning over the backside of the piano. No clue how he did it but it was really cool. Then his took the electric guitar of his band member and started jamming Hells Bells. He played a couple different songs on it. I had no clue he could rip on a guitar like that.

Both surprising shows that I will not forget.

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
                  Went to a Three Days Grace, Breaki g Benjamin and Seether show. A band that wasn't even advertised on the bill, Red, opened up the show. They put on a great show and we've been fans ever since.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                  Red is pretty awesome and underrated band, I have all of their albums and I can honestly sit there and listen to them all and never skip a song.

Best concert for was Velvet Revolver at Buzzfest about 20 feet away from the stage. Scott Weiland could definitely put on a show.

Going to see Breaking Benjamin August 3rd.

Comment

Ashley McBryde. Had never heard of her until Wife and I went to the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman this past December. Completely blown away. Very few, if any female country music artists on my playlist, but she’s at the top.

Garth Brooks for his performance.
                    Knew all of his music by heart, but had never saw him live. Saw him front and center from the 5th row in Bossier City, LA in summer of 2016. Was hooked after that. Saw him again from 5th row front and center in Memphis, TN, and again from 3rd row front and center in Nashville, TN. I’ve been to dozens of concerts, but Garth Brooks tops them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does any Texas country musician Really outgrow Greene Hall ?

Comment

Old Crow Medicine show at a free outdoor show during SXSW quite a number of years ago now.

Comment

The Josh Weathers Band - went and saw them in Lubbock back in 2009 in college and had no idea who they were... I became a big fan of theirs that night. The lead singer is an incredible talent.

Check out this cover he does:

Recorded live at the historic Kessler Theater in X+/North Oak Cliff. (July 23, 2011)Buy Josh's new album here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/big-night-in...

Comment

Went to see Black Sabbath at Dallas' Reunion Arena in the late 70's. Van Halen opened up for them, and opened my eyes to awesomeness.

Comment

Ever blown away at a concert (by the music?)

When Diane and I were dating in 1997, we were walking down 6th street and a band playing acoustic in Lucy’s Surfer Bar caught our attention. We went in and we’re immediately impressed.
                              We’ve been big fans of Reckless Kelly ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Private concert with Mike Ryan. Very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X