No announcement yet.

Gender reveal parties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did it for our first, but probably won't throw as big of a shindig the second time around. It really amounted to getting together with friends and family, frying fish, drinking beer, and hanging out until the time came for the reveal. My uncle filled a black balloon with the appropriate paint color and taped it to about a 20" square piece of stretched canvas. I shot it with my bow at 20 yards, and the splattered piece of canvas hangs in my daughter's nursery. My uncle smeared some blue paint on the edge of the balloon mouth and on his hands, and I saw it whenever I was about to shoot. It was that much better when it was actually full of pink. A great memory and glad we got to share it with those who came.

It was a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      Guess Im odd man out here. We had one and it was an absolute blast. Any time you can spend with family is good for me. Got briskets going in the morning with screwdrivers and bloody marys. BS'd and drank beer with good folks. In the end, I drew my bow back and popped a blue balloon. Ill never be ashamed to say I had gender reveal!
      Just read this one. Sounds like we had a very similar reveal!

Comment

Plum silly. But I’m an old fuddy duddy

Comment

I like parties. Parties are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
            We did it for our first, but probably won't throw as big of a shindig the second time around. It really amounted to getting together with friends and family, frying fish, drinking beer, and hanging out until the time came for the reveal. My uncle filled a black balloon with the appropriate paint color and taped it to about a 20" square piece of stretched canvas. I shot it with my bow at 20 yards, and the splattered piece of canvas hangs in my daughter's nursery. My uncle smeared some blue paint on the edge of the balloon mouth and on his hands, and I saw it whenever I was about to shoot. It was that much better when it was actually full of pink. A great memory and glad we got to share it with those who came.

It was a lot of fun!

Sounds like a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
              I like parties. Parties are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Word

Comment

I have done a 180 on this. Y’alls parties sound like great fun.
                Wish these were a thing when my friends were having babies.
                Tannerite or balloons, count me in!

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  I have done a 180 on this. Y’alls parties sound like great fun.
                  Wish these were a thing when my friends were having babies.
                  Tannerite or balloons, count me in!

BP
                  Same here. I told my wife when she first started talking about having it that it sounded stupid. I will admit I really didn't know anything about them. They are what you make them. No reason why it can't be a good time enjoyed by everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                    Agree 1000% So much focus on "me".....

Comment

Or.... so much “share your biggest joy you will ever have with all your friends and family that care about you”.

You negative farts need to learn to enjoy friends and family every chance you get. Invent reasons!!! It doesn’t last forever, and once folks are dead and gone it’s to late.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        Or.... so much “share your biggest joy you will ever have with all your friends and family that care about you”.

You negative farts need to learn to enjoy friends and family every chance you get. Invent reasons!!! It doesn’t last forever, and once folks are dead and gone it’s to late.
                        I'm fine with the party, all good. I'm glad you got a kid on the way. I guess I'm too ainti silliness. I'm getting old...

Put a brisket on and have some family/folks over, good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post

Yep!!

Comment

Sounds dumb but I like beer, bbq, bs’ing and shooting bows or guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              Sounds dumb but I like beer, bbq, bs’ing and shooting bows or guns.

Yep! No reason to let the whole reveal thing mess up a good time

Comment

Working...
                              X