Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

I don’t negotiate with terrorist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all that is not even a snake! Are y’all blind or what? It’s a JHill legless sasquatch!

Comment

I didn't know the "domino" thing... learn something new every day.

Comment

Isn’t it 72 virgins ?

[emoji15]

Comment

I never noticed the domino thing either.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            I didn't know the "domino" thing... learn something new every day.
            Yeah, not all of them have it, but it is unique to moccasins as far as I know. Some copperheads (specifically Eastern) can have similar spots too, but theirs are usually just one or two in the middle of their telltale Hershey kiss pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
              Be forewarned, getting ready to beat a dead snake here, mostly for educational purposes (but also out of some frustration).

IMO, nothing but a moccasin. For a better view, I lightened up the image to make some of the features more clear. It was mentioned that the eyes are visible from the top and not covered by hoods. When lightened, you can see that it's not an eye that's visible but just a sloughed up scale or something. The hoods are clearly visible obscuring the eyes. It also appears that the telltale black streaks behind the eyes are somewhat visible. While moccasins can have varied coloration, the domino pattern on the body is a dead giveaway. For comparison, look at the pic of a juvenile below.

[ATTACH]915493[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]915494[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]915495[/ATTACH]
              Lightening it up helps seeing the markings. Most of ours are black. Thats a good lesson.

That still looks like a dang eye to me though!

Good thing Mayhem saved his family. I always remove the head completely.

Comment

Working...
              X