No announcement yet.

Malinois Belgian Shepherds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got shoes smarter than any pomeranian.

Where's the middle of the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

come on BOB...a test by a Canadian????? Thats the best you have???

Comment

Dude. What are you talking about? Wth does Canadian have to do with anything?

It's not me. There was a test and breeds were ranked.

That's not what or all I have. It is just data for reading and learning.

Dont be so upset because your breed of choice is #23 and all 3 of my favorite breeds are top 10. Lol.

Comment

I am partial to Malinois just because on how they perform the task that they are required to do in my line of duty. I can tell you that from all the GSD, Malinois, Dutch Shepherd I have trained for detection, I don't consider one breed smarter that the other. During initial detection training with some of these breeds, I have seen some of them learn a specific task+trained odor that will required 4 weeks of training in one week. Some canines are smarter than others not because of the breed.

Last edited by RF76; 07-29-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
              I am partial to Malinois just because on how they perform the task that they are required to do in my line of duty. I can tell you that from all the GSD, Malinois, Dutch Shepherd I have trained for detection, I don't consider one breed smarter that the other. During initial detection training with some of these breeds, I have seen some of them learn a specific task+trained odor that will required 4 weeks of training in one week. Some canines are smarter than others not because of the breed.

Makes total sense. Same goes for lines. They could have used a crappy American pet line GSD which is why they got 3rd instead of 1st. Lol.

As i said many times earlier the Mal is amazing at what they do. As with working line GSDs they may not be suitable for the average family pet.

Comment

Bagley is 10 or 11, I’m not sure. I had considered buying a Mal as I will not be without a good home defense dog.

WOW I was really surprised how much a trained Mal goes for. Looks like $30,000.00 I’d just mid range

Comment

I've got some for sale if anyone's looking. I have 2 yearlings 2 males 1 female and then a pair of about 8 week old pups that are breed really good I mean first class breeding
                  doing bite work basic obedience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked at a lot of dogs to usher me into getting older. {protection} The Mal's looked like a lot of work. A few others were too mean. I settled on a Dogo "avatar pict" and will never have another and would not suggest to anyone to get one.
                    A serious breed has to have serious owners. I had bird dogs most of my life and trained every dog expecting it to go deaf at some point so bringing in a big hard headed dog did not scare me.
                    Don't bite off more than you can chew.............

Comment

Working...
                    X