No announcement yet.

Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the cab of the comanche again working on reinstalling the center channel. Got it test fit and hammer formed to the new floorpan shape, added rusty metal primer underneath. If all goes well.. we will never see the underside again! Got it all spot welded back in! Lots of welding!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rosco11; 03-15-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Now the center channel is in.. the side brace had to be reshaped since the floorpan changed. Cut out a v-notch and rewelded the brace and got it all primed up

Comment

On the jeep comanche floorpans, added POR15 to all the weld seams inside and underneath. I really like how POR15 spreads out and dries hard. Its a ton of prep work to apply but it really does finish better than regular paint and primer. It better last a long time!

Comment

IDK how I've missed this all this time... Awesome work, man. I Look forward to more updates.

Comment

Great build!! I did a Cherokee build several years ago. Once it was finished, and nothing left to do but enjoy, I sold it..... seeing this reminds me of the fun I had building it!!

Comment

wow! very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                IDK how I've missed this all this time... Awesome work, man. I Look forward to more updates.
                Thanks BHD! It's still a work in progress for sure and hard to get any real help when working in the truck cab.. cant wait to finish up these floors and rebuild the seat mounts. I want to finish up the interior and have my brother help with some of the heavy lifting on the rear axle and then front steering and suspension. Once this cab is finished the project should progress much faster

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
                  wow! very nice!
                  Thx DaTaxMan!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    Great build!! I did a Cherokee build several years ago. Once it was finished, and nothing left to do but enjoy, I sold it..... seeing this reminds me of the fun I had building it!!
                    Thanks BigLee! I love trucks from this era.. if you can get them past some simple flaws they will run forever! Why did you sell the XJ?

Comment

Love this build! Haven't ever seen a full frame-off resto of an MJ. Thanks for documenting.

If you haven't gotten the transfer case back under it yet (or even if you have), I'd look at swapping out the shift linkage. Not expensive and a huge improvement.

Lot's of companies make it but I'd look at Boostwerk's set up. I'm going with their shackles and steering brace / winch mount soon on my 97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                        Thanks BigLee! I love trucks from this era.. if you can get them past some simple flaws they will run forever! Why did you sell the XJ?

Actually was a ZJ that was 2wd. Picked up a wrecked XJ and converted the 2wd to 4wd. Had a great time building and wheeling. Then when the fun of the build wore off I took up a friend on a great offer sold it, and moved onto a different project... Only vehicle I still to this day regret selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          Actually was a ZJ that was 2wd. Picked up a wrecked XJ and converted the 2wd to 4wd. Had a great time building and wheeling. Then when the fun of the build wore off I took up a friend on a great offer sold it, and moved onto a different project... Only vehicle I still to this day regret selling.
                          I hear that! You gonna consider getting another?

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                            Love this build! Haven't ever seen a full frame-off resto of an MJ. Thanks for documenting.

If you haven't gotten the transfer case back under it yet (or even if you have), I'd look at swapping out the shift linkage. Not expensive and a huge improvement.

Lot's of companies make it but I'd look at Boostwerk's set up. I'm going with their shackles and steering brace / winch mount soon on my 97 XJ.

http://www.boostwerksengineering.com...-V20_p_25.html
                            Thx OffTheMap! I hadn't seen that linkage, but on my brother's recommendation ive already got the novak cable linkage, once i get done with the underbody rust, i'll get it hooked back up! I appreciate the heads up.. keep em coming im certainly open for all advice

Comment

Someone might have accidentally mangled a few wires when they were using the grinder too close [emoji2321]... Soldered back together and all fixed up now!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                                Wanting to upgrade the Dana 35 axle to be able to handle larger tires and some offroading.. We set out on a search and finally found a donor. Bought a junkyard Ford 8.8 limited slip with 4.10 gears and discs from a '99 Eddie Bauer Explorer

My brother helped me bring it home. Wrapped it up and will keep it on the side of the garage till it's time to dig into it

You will need to swap front out as well

Comment

Working...
                                X