No announcement yet.

Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Roscoe, that thing is too purdy to get all muddy and scratched up!! Fantastic Job sir!!

Comment

I am going to need you to buy another project so we can follow along that one as well.

Comment

Wow, congrats on an awesome build! Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
          Wow, congrats on an awesome build! Looks great.
          Thanks MertzMan! It's been a lot of fun and a lot of work! Definitely on the home stretch now! But as we all know a Jeep project has no end

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            I am going to need you to buy another project so we can follow along that one as well.
            Haha! You got it! I wish I could report more on my brother's Jeep TJ build but he just gets too much done too fast! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Dang Roscoe, that thing is too purdy to get all muddy and scratched up!! Fantastic Job sir!!
              Haha! Thanks SaltwaterS! I think you're right

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                This thing is so sweet. No longer a lease ride. I would daily drive that thing. Great job!
                The way it's turning out I think you pegged it! But the pictures do make it look much cleaner than it is..haha!

Comment

Rosco how is it coming along?

Comment

Rosco how is it coming along?
                    Hey Big Lee! What's up man!?! I had to put the project on hold for a bit while I moved and moved into a new house and started a new job.. more on the move later but you kinda caught me at the right time, I'm ramping up to get back on it in a few weeks, once I get settled in and organized

Comment

I did score a few new tools for the project and beyond! Pumped about my 3/8" fuel stubby!

Comment

It is amazing how strong these cordless tools are these days. My early career in the automotive world battery operated impacts were a novelty. I bought a 3/8 makita 9.6v. I thought it was the bees knees. Lol. Fast forward 20 yrs and I know guys who do not own an air tool. All battery operated. The Milwaukee lineup seems to be the common trend right now.

Comment

so sick!

Comment

It is amazing how strong these cordless tools are these days. My early career in the automotive world battery operated impacts were a novelty. I bought a 3/8 makita 9.6v. I thought it was the bees knees. Lol. Fast forward 20 yrs and I know guys who do not own an air tool. All battery operated. The Milwaukee lineup seems to be the common trend right now.
                            Yeah, I hear ya on this. At this point I don't even carry a 4-way anymore. Bought refurbished 1/2" impacts on ebay for my pickup and jeep and they have both worked like a champ. Much nicer to change a tire on the trail with power tools haha

Comment

Holy cow! Just found this thread, and spent all night going through it. This is a fantastic build - great job!

Question, looked like you only put frame stiffeners on the front end. I'm not smart in this area, so just wondering why stiffeners weren't put on the rest of the frame? I know you said you don't plan on doing a ton of crawling. . . so wasn't sure why they would be needed on the front, but not the rest of the frame?

Love the way you have done everything on it - really fantastic job!

Comment

Originally posted by TxHamJello View Post
                                Holy cow! Just found this thread, and spent all night going through it. This is a fantastic build - great job!

Question, looked like you only put frame stiffeners on the front end. I'm not smart in this area, so just wondering why stiffeners weren't put on the rest of the frame? I know you said you don't plan on doing a ton of crawling. . . so wasn't sure why they would be needed on the front, but not the rest of the frame?

Love the way you have done everything on it - really fantastic job!
                                Thanks TxHamJello! It's been a super cool project! So I probably don't need the stiffeners at all but wanted to reinforce just in case. Typically because of all the steering pressure and connection points like the track bar mount and I'll eventually get the gear box too, that's why just the front section for now. Plus the front axle was out for regearing so I had a ton of room up there to work. The mid section is pretty easy to get to and if I wanna retrofit later I just gotta prep the metal and add it on.. I appreciate you taking a look at the Jeep

Comment

Working...
                                X