Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
    The main Comanche brake line that runs to the rear brakes was extremely rusty and pitted. I decided to make a new one. Ordered some nickel copper brake line and stainless spring wrap. Brought the old line home and started bending to match as close to the original as I could. Went back to the truck and routed it and got it installed, along with the Rusty's extended rear line to the top of the rear differential. Turned out real good! More to come with the braking system!
    Are you happy with Rusty's extended brake lines? I've been shopping for a set for the front and rear and these look the best so far.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post

Are you happy with Rusty's extended brake lines? I've been shopping for a set for the front and rear and these look the best so far.
      Haven't used them yet but they are certainly quality..only come in one color which is an orange ish. I'll rock it but some folks that like matchy match will have a problem with that

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
        I admire your work, knowledge, skill, dedication and pocket book.

Great job and cannot wait to see the finished product.
        Thanks Wellington! Majority of the knowledge comes from Jeep forums, research, YouTube and fixing mistakes. This project has been overwhelming at my experience level but when you dig in and start trying stuff, a solution usually peeks out. There is a light at the end of the tunnel on this 2+ year project and I'm actually starting to see it. It's not going to be all pretty and clear coat with matchy match paint scheme but it's going to be solid when I'm done!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          Brakes are typically forgotten on these builds. Glad you did not cheap out. Great work!!
          Thanks Big Lee! I appreciate you noticing.. the brake lines have been a pretty tough project that I hadn't planned on but some of the other upgrades to the brakes were actually not that bad of a job. I'll post more on that real soon. Thx for following along!

Comment

Originally posted by stickfigure View Post
            can't wait to see it all put together. You are doing a great job, but have a ton more patience than I do.
            Haha! Thanks Stickfigure! My patience is golden.. but having this truck in my Dad's garage for over 2 years.. his grumpy level is high at this point! I couldn't thank him enough for letting me work on it there though! I do my best to clean up and organize every single day I'm over there. Even his tools are way more organized now than when we started. I'm pretty OCD and tidy about tools so his sets and mine have reaped the benefits on this project. Thx for following along bud! More to come

Comment

Surprisingly, the 30 year old Comanche leaks. Bad! I have 2 hopefully not 3 places to restore trying to avoid having an inch of water in each floorpan. Starting with replacement of the windshield. This was really cool and I thank the team from Eagle Auto Glass in Magnolia for checking this out, great communication and then a fine job installing. I also deleted the original chrome windshield trim for the later model Cherokee rubber trim. Chrome trim is for sale if anyone needs it, send me a PM.
              Attached Files

Comment

The Comanche front axle is temporarily coming out so it can go to the gear doctor
                Attached Files

Comment

Got the Comanche axle completely out from under the truck. There is some work to do on the front end. While we're doing that, we are taking the front axle to get new gears and a new Eaton Truetrac! We'll be using Motive 4.10 gears and G2 master install kit. The great folks and David at Texas Auto Gear are going to regear the Dana 30 axle. Earlier in the project we found and swapped a Ford 8.8 rear axle with 4.10 gears and limited slip differential. We had to regear the front axle to match and I found a good deal on the Truetrac. I thank the guys at TX Auto Gear, they work fast, do quality work and are really cool!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes sir. In my "Rawhide theme song voice"
                    Rolling, rolling, rolling

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great work! I’d like to do this to my CJ7 one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                        Yes sir. In my "Rawhide theme song voice"
                        Rolling, rolling, rolling

Haha! I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                          Great work! I’d like to do this to my CJ7 one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Thanks man! What all needs to be done to the CJ? We have a really cool cj7 out at our lease.. love that jeep!

Comment

With the Comanche front axle out, we used this time to drop the oil pan and change the rear main seal with a new seal and oil pan gasket. I really like the Fel Pro gaskets for this!

Comment

This is awesome progress! Making the itch for a project worse!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                                This is awesome progress! Making the itch for a project worse!

Sierracharlie out…
                                Whoa! Not me, I'm happy to follow along these days. [emoji2]

Comment

Working...
                                X