No announcement yet.

Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww Yeaaaah! More new parts showing up! The Adam's team made this driveshaft perfect, added the Ford 8.8 conversion flange and balanced it before shipping out! We set it up and measured the pinion angle before we weld on the spring perches
    Attached Files

Comment

That will help to get things turning,,,[emoji1]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
        That will help to get things turning,,,[emoji1]

Lol.. I see what you did there! Hope I'm not just spinning my wheels with all this stuff

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
          Lol.. I see what you did there! Hope I'm not just spinning my wheels with all this stuff

Lol...you will be before long. [emoji106]
          Now get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
            Putting a truss on a D30 is pretty unnecessary. I've wheeled and built rigs for the better part of 30 years in rocks, mud and desert.

If you're running 35" or smaller tires on a D30, upgrading to a FULL CARRIER locker and some CrMo shafts with good joints will be reliable assuming you don't drive like a maniac. If you want to be a throttle junkie, definitely go with 1 ton, or a 609.

If you're jumping your rig or have a really heavy foot, definitely upgrade to a heavier axle. If you're more of a finesse driver, you'll be fine with the D30 for a long time.
            That's exactly what I said, that he wouldn't need a truss and a d30 will do everything he needs.

Comment

Comanche axle is out, we set up the proper pinion angle with the new drive shaft and tightened the UBolts. Got the spring perches welded in place. I'd like to take credit for the awesome welding here, but we decided to take it to some pros that my brother knew. I'm sure they were very impressed with my tack welds!
              Attached Files

Comment

Coming together nicely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  Coming together nicely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Thanks Flash_O!

Comment

On the Comanche, we took advantage of the time with the rear axle out. Primed and painted the new gas tank, gas tank skid plate and UBolts.. it started raining so had to rapid transfer into the garage and make do with the space I could find
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ain't nothing like having a clean gas tank.
                      Looking good[emoji106]

Comment

More new parts to fix up the Comanche! We are installing the 4wd cable shifter. The original 4wd linkage is temperamental and sometimes works and mostly works against us trying to shift into 4wd. It's a fight! We got rid of that headache and frustration and added this Savvy Off Road cable shifter. The mounts are robust and hardcore while the stout cable shifts like butter!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not sure how I missed this but tuned in now!! Nice work dudes. I will hopefully be starting a project in the nearish future and this thread makes me antsy for it haha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            Not sure how I missed this but tuned in now!! Nice work dudes. I will hopefully be starting a project in the nearish future and this thread makes me antsy for it haha

Sierracharlie out…
                            Awesome! I appreciate you checking it out! What kinda project are you diving into?

Comment

Have not settled on one but most likely a late 70’s Ford pickup

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                                Have not settled on one but most likely a late 70’s Ford pickup

Sierracharlie out…
                                Awesome! Less rust = much funner experience! Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X