No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mature doe and yearling doe cane out for a couple minutes. 3yr old 8pt popped out 50yds from them for 10 seconds maybe.

Comment

Good young 8 i saw this am is back and since this morning managed to break his right side off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Good young 8 i saw this am is back and since this morning managed to break his right side off

Dang that didn't take long!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Dang that didn't take long!

Nope but may have saved his life for another year from someone else [emoji106][emoji2532]

Comment

Nope but may have saved his life for another year from someone else [emoji106][emoji2532]

Amen to that!!

Comment

Amen to that!!

Real question is who broke him up the bucks I’ve been seeing are 1.5-2-5 and not dominant

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Oh man one of my good bucks just showed back up on one of my Covert’s haven’t seen him in prolly 10 days

Comment

Oh man one of my good bucks just showed back up haven’t seen him in prolly 10 days

Sling that arrow! Or is it too dark?

Comment

Sling that arrow! Or is it too dark?

To dark and at my other set, but it’s good to see him maybe the bigger/older bucks are soon to follow. It’s been a doe fest pretty much seeing between 8-11 does a sit.

Comment

Real question is who broke him up the bucks I’ve been seeing are 1.5-2-5 and not dominant

I’ve got a 2.5 7 pt that looks like he found a shredder and lost. And another 2.5 with whole main broke off, 5 on side remaining

Comment

Woooo I NEVER been so angry at a deer and my rifle at the same time.. Long story short..

So my previous post above about does blowing all around me without a clue why I started to think my hunt was being ruined by the minute.. So I started to load a few things into my pack back a little at a time as it was getting darker.. Each time I would put sometime up I’d stop and look around to see if anything just happened to show up.. Well.. a decent doe was making her way towards my feeder to my right (75 yards).. She gives me broad side shot and I pulled the trigger.. She vanished and shows back up in seconds 10 yards further from me staring me down BROAD SIDE again threw another shell in and pulled the trigger.. No blood, no hair.. I have never been so angry. Needless to say I’ll be making a trip to the range before next weekend..

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
                            Woooo I NEVER been so angry at a deer and my rifle at the same time.. Long story short..

So my previous post above about does blowing all around me without a clue why I started to think my hunt was being ruined by the minute.. So I started to load a few things into my pack back a little at a time as it was getting darker.. Each time I would put sometime up I’d stop and look around to see if anything just happened to show up.. Well.. a decent doe was making her way towards my feeder to my right (75 yards).. She gives me broad side shot and I pulled the trigger.. She vanished and shows back up in seconds 10 yards further from me staring me down BROAD SIDE again threw another shell in and pulled the trigger.. No blood, no hair.. I have never been so angry. Needless to say I’ll be making a trip to the range before next weekend..

Dang, that sux!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post

That sucks but I got a chuckle thinking how you said you’d take the mature buck problems my dad had without the rifle problems. I hope I didn’t jinx you.

Comment

I’ve had 6 different bucks on cam in the last 3 mins man talk about movement

Comment

Working...
                                X