2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    85° this weekend I’ll be sitting out stars should align next weekend with weather moon an rut finally

I’m going to try Friday. We have an anniversary day on Saturday and church Sunday morning. So it better happen Friday lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      I’m going to try Friday. We have an anniversary day on Saturday and church Sunday morning. So it better happen Friday lol

I’ll keep you posted [emoji23]

Comment

I'm shooting for Monday and Tuesday, right after the youngsters done shot up the woods..

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          85° this weekend I’ll be sitting out stars should align next weekend with weather moon an rut finally
          One unfortunate truth I learned last year is that when the ruts here it don't matter what the temperature is. That and if you stay home to attend your daughter's soccer game your target buck of 2 years will be at your feeder at 8 AM asking to be shot...but you're not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            One unfortunate truth I learned last year is that when the ruts here it don't matter what the temperature is. That and if you stay home to attend your daughter's soccer game your target buck of 2 years will be at your feeder at 8 AM asking to be shot...but you're not there.

I’ve learned over the years that the ruts not wide open where i am till oct 31-nov 3

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Yea, I had the exact same scenario happen last year to me with a biggun too only my covert sent me a pic as we all sat down to dinner on Thanksgiving Day... And at this moment if he were in the same spot, he'd be swimmin'!!

As ol' Justin Wilson would say... "Don't that a shame, this boy snake bit by a whole basket full o snakes!!"

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Yea, I had the exact same scenario happen last year to me with a biggun too only my covert sent me a pic as we all sat down to dinner on Thanksgiving Day... And at this moment if he were in the same spot, he'd be swimmin'!!

As ol' Justin Wilson would say... "Don't that a shame, this boy snake bit by a whole basket full o snakes!!"

Sounds like me in Mexico lol I’ve gotta figure out how to break my juju down there

Comment

Cool thread... think I'll follow since there's actual hunting going on

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Been there done that! Slept in on Oct. 7th last year because it was hot.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	11 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	24558548

Comment

Well since my Liberty county place is under water, I'm headin' West tomorrow... of course one of my sets there is also under water!! Covert sent me some pics of a couple deer wading thru the water a hunert yards from my feeder... Looks like water may be higher now than 4 weeks ago when I put the camera out to check on the water receding... My other set there has buffalo grass up past the headlights on my truck... only way I'll see a deer is if it raises its head, or if its walkin' down a road... Guess it'll still be better'n sittin' at the house...

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                        Been there done that! Slept in on Oct. 7th last year because it was hot.
                        [ATTACH]930336[/ATTACH]
                        OUCH!

Comment

Just checked my daughters camera for this weekend.

In last 24 hrs:
                          5 bucks.... 3 I’ve never seen before.
                          4 doe.... 3 never seen before
                          6 scrapes... never seen before
                          2 rubs.... never seen before
                          ZERO hogs.... never been done before

She finally got brave enough to shoot “the big gun” ( just turned 7). This will/would be my first youth season hunt... Saturday is end of season softball tournament. If we get knocked out early we could hunt that evening, but I expect us to go 2nd or 3rd. Who knows

Sunday morning before church is looking like only shot, since my wife committed us to a birthday party that evening.

Got a 10 with broke g2 that’s old enough to be better than he is, an 8 that’s wide enough and same category and a 7 that need another look. First doe in is in trouble if she holds still. Big 10. (2 yo) off limits plus he’s too iffy of spread. He was a 10 as a baby last year and is already around 120+ as a 2yo. Got high hopes if someone don’t ground check him. If he just runs through a set up most would shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Cool thread... think I'll follow since there's actual hunting going on

Careful there hand, these fellas and them pine cones may change your name and your life!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Careful there hand, these fellas and them pine cones may change your name and your life!

Nahhh nothin compares to Mexico and this coming from someone that’s killed bigger deer in etx...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Lol! Man it's just refreshing to follow a thread where people are talking hunting and sharing picks.... and ACTUALLY HUNTIING! I'll just hang on to y'alls coat tails until my season starts

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X