No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settled in for the evening .. A little warmer and slight wind..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Settled in as well. Got skunked this morning just trying to get a doe before the 23rd of this month.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
        Settled in as well. Got skunked this morning just trying to get a doe before the 23rd of this month.

Idk if I would call my skunked or not.. Got down 5 minutes too soon. Spooked one as I was getting down.. Had to go potty.. I’ve got to shoot a doe by tomorrow.. Second year they’ve closed doe season early

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
          Idk if I would call my skunked or not.. Got down 5 minutes too soon. Spooked one as I was getting down.. Had to go potty.. I’ve got to shoot a doe by tomorrow.. Second year they’ve closed doe season early

Walking in this morning when it was dark I had something blow at me for 20 min so that’s how this morning went. Funny I’m usually covered with does now that I’m trying to kill one nothing is showing up

Comment

Deer moved well this morning but all I managed was to kill 2 coyotes.

I know I killed a brute opening weekend, so this isn’t a complaint, but I did see the biggest-racked 6-point I’ve ever seen in my life cruising for does. I wanted to kill him SO bad. Lol

So far this afternoon I’m fighting wasps trying to get in the blind with me.
            Last edited by Etxbuckman; 11-17-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Depending on what county you’re in up until a couple years ago doe season was only 4 days (Thanksgiving through the Sunday following).

Comment

What county?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  What county?

San Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Depending on what county you’re in up until a couple years ago doe season was only 4 days (Thanksgiving through the Sunday following).

Nah I’ve been on this lease for three years now. Second year in a row they’ve cut it short.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Deer moved well this morning but all I managed was to kill 2 coyotes.

I know I killed a brute opening weekend, so this isn’t a complaint, but I did see the biggest-racked 6-point I’ve ever seen in my life cruising for does. I wanted to kill him SO bad. Lol

So far this afternoon I’m fighting wasps trying to get in the blind with me.

Haha yes at least you’ve got some meat in the freezer. Killing coyotes is a win in my opinion.

Comment

Nah I’ve been on this lease for three years now. Second year in a row they’ve cut it short.

It’s been 16 days for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post

... In San Augustine?

Comment

I’ve made so much noise swatting at wasps trying to get in my blind. Today is just pissing me off.

Comment

... In San Augustine?

Yes. A place I hunt (if I ever tag something in Nac Co) over there is split, MLD on one side of the rd, regular on the other. Everybody shoots does on the reg side until doe days end, then hop over on permits.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                                Thats what I thought too. I think they’ve got the same regs as Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                                X