2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
    I’ve only seen a coyote so far.. Would’ve dropped em in his tracks if he would’ve gave me a chance.. Hunt all day or not..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you have the option to hunt all day you better! Best time of year. I'd rather be in a stand than working.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      If you have the option to hunt all day you better! Best time of year. I'd rather be in a stand than working.

Guess I’ll take a potty break, fix some coffee and sit all day then!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

X100

Comment

THIS is go time. All my notes and records show Friday-Sunday historically the most daytime movement of mature bucks in my area. Topped with a front!!!! “The blurr” has mad his daylight appearance yesterday. I planning all day tomorrow and till 2pm Saturday... cause my wife planned the rest of the weekend for me. If I can pull this off he will blow the doors off anything I’ve killed! But he’s in a heavy pressure neighborhood of gun hunters so who knows. All going to depend on what doe he falls in love with. Big 10 is moving daylight too. I won’t pass him as he’s full mature and would be my biggest as well. But the blurr has cost me sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            THIS is go time. All my notes and records show Friday-Sunday historically the most daytime movement of mature bucks in my area. Topped with a front!!!! “The blurr” has mad his daylight appearance yesterday. I planning all day tomorrow and till 2pm Saturday... cause my wife planned the rest of the weekend for me. If I can pull this off he will blow the doors off anything I’ve killed! But he’s in a heavy pressure neighborhood of gun hunters so who knows. All going to depend on what doe he falls in love with. Big 10 is moving daylight too. I won’t pass him as he’s full mature and would be my biggest as well. But the blurr has cost me sleep

This story gets me a little excited and some hope on movement of mature bucks. Last daylight I had of one of two of my shooter bucks was October 23rd which was a nine point of mine and then “Crab Claw” which is a decent 8 at night time on the 1st. This is my last hunt till I go back to work and come back the 16th which is the last weekend to kill a doe in my county..

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Good luck. My son shot his buck last year on same weekend....hoping for a repeat performance[emoji106]

Comment

Any of you used Nose Jammer?

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Single doe just stepped out [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    Single doe just stepped out [emoji15]

Dang at 130?? What county? I’m still being skunked so far..

Comment

Had this buck a couple times this year, figured I'd give it a go and sit on stand all day. This is on 50 acres in Houston county

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another doe

Comment

In a tree. Hoping something gives me a shot!

Comment

I’m getting deer blowing around me.. Not one has been out of my favor of wind.. I don’t understand it

Comment

I’m getting deer blowing around me.. Not one has been out of my favor of wind.. I don’t understand it

Could be blowing at something else or the wind could be swirling on you. Watched it go from every direction you can imagine by watching the campfire earlier.

Comment

My daughter and I had some Sunday blowing to our due east. We came in from the west and wind was NE. Ended up seeing a 7 pt a little later. Could have been blowing at him or coyote impossible for them to smell us. I used half a bottle of puffer powder to make sure... some deer are just blowing $&&%s

Comment

Working...
                                X