2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    After 12 hrs logged in we finally saw a deer @ 9:05 am. 7pt that didn’t have a tine intact probably 11.5” wide. She switched to kill mode instantly and sulked up when I told her she couldn’t shoot it. Wish we could have stayed another hour or so but she’s hunted hard. This was my first deer sighting since 2nd week of bow season and this spot is the hot spot and gar holed us. Camera is non stop daylight pics from sun up to sun down all day every day. Entry and exit are flawless and wind was good. And he knew we were there somehow

I’m use to it because I’m hunting a deer class that will just not play the game. But I hate she is not seeing anything. Don’t even care about the shooting part that will come. I hunted 4 years before I killed one and 2 before I saw one.... why I grew up wing shooting instead

Good looking hunting parter ya got there! Cherish this while ya can!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Little late updating, but my grandsons and I had good hunt yesterday evening... We got in the stand about 4:30 and had a lot of action with squirrels, red birds, doves and such, but no deer or hogs until just after sunset, and after they both had had a nice nap... we had an old smart doe with 2 fawns come sneakin' in... Wind had pretty much laid and she came in right beside our big ol' box stand... She knew something was up, but I had whispered to the boys, "DON'T Move... deer comin'"... They were so excited but they did great! The doe was under 10 yards and looking straight at us. She stomped, and bobbed her head and I just knew she was gonna blow at us and take off, but she didn't... She was a bit too nervous to come all the way into the shooting lane, but her little ones did. One was a little doe and the other a button buck... They put on a show about 15 yards out in front of us... The boys were so excited when we got back to the house! They ran in and just like true deer hunters began to spin a yarn to their mom and dad and my bride that even made me proud!! These boys have got potential I tell ya!! Guess akerns don't fall too far from the tree... Inside I was grinnin' from ear to ear!! No shot, but what a hunt!! Thank You Jesus!

Comment

Way to do it slick.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Little late updating, but my grandsons and I had good hunt yesterday evening... We got in the stand about 4:30 and had a lot of action with squirrels, red birds, doves and such, but no deer or hogs until just after sunset, and after they both had had a nice nap... we had an old smart doe with 2 fawns come sneakin' in... Wind had pretty much laid and she came in right beside our big ol' box stand... She knew something was up, but I had whispered to the boys, "DON'T Move... deer comin'"... They were so excited but they did great! The doe was under 10 yards and looking straight at us. She stomped, and bobbed her head and I just knew she was gonna blow at us and take off, but she didn't... She was a bit too nervous to come all the way into the shooting lane, but her little ones did. One was a little doe and the other a button buck... They put on a show about 15 yards out in front of us... The boys were so excited when we got back to the house! They ran in and just like true deer hunters began to spin a yarn to their mom and dad and my bride that even made me proud!! These boys have got potential I tell ya!! Guess akerns don't fall too far from the tree... Inside I was grinnin' from ear to ear!! No shot, but what a hunt!! Thank You Jesus!
          Great story!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Grandkids are a blast. Still have to wait a couple yrs. before hunting but we're gettin' ready.

Comment

BBD! Dropped him. Pics to follow

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                BBD! Dropped him. Pics to follow

Congrats bud happy you got em! Ready for some better pics [emoji106][emoji2532][emoji106][emoji2532][emoji106][emoji2532][emoji106][emoji2532][emoji106][emoji2532][emoji106][emoji2532][emoji106][emoji2532]

Comment

I’m covered in deer no shooter though but man it’s nice to see deer!

Comment

Up with 'em already!! Woo Hoo! Love me some BBD pics from East Texas!!

Comment

Good times Charlie! I heard a story 3 or 4 times this mornin. Junior swears he had a pig duck an arrow at 25

Come on with the pixles T

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

[emoji102]

Comment

Wow!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Great story Charlie I took my grandson for the first time yesterday what a great time. He was throwing cheese puffs out of the blind so they would get closer nothing better than grandkids.

Comment

Yea... I’d say you did get a BBD!

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X