X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    6? What you got him at? 150?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ya 6+ and i keep think mid 40s but i wouldn’t be surprised if he’s bigger he’s 40lbs+ heavier than any deer I’ve seen in etx he’s a slob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Ya 6+ and i keep think mid 40s but i wouldn’t be surprised if he’s bigger he’s 40lbs+ heavier than any deer I’ve seen in etx he’s a slob

Yea I was thinking 148. Beautiful deer for sure!

Comment

Yea I was thinking 148. Beautiful deer for sure!

Ya you can see why he’s mentally got me all over the place cause i just know he’s gonna get killed and we’re gonna put a tape and him be 152” or something lol he’s a gorgeous deer none the less.

Comment

Comment

Got some mid day movement

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              Got some mid day movement

You need to be hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Just checked my daughters camera for this weekend.

In last 24 hrs:
                5 bucks.... 3 I’ve never seen before.
                4 doe.... 3 never seen before
                6 scrapes... never seen before
                2 rubs.... never seen before
                ZERO hogs.... never been done before

She finally got brave enough to shoot “the big gun” ( just turned 7). This will/would be my first youth season hunt... Saturday is end of season softball tournament. If we get knocked out early we could hunt that evening, but I expect us to go 2nd or 3rd. Who knows

Sunday morning before church is looking like only shot, since my wife committed us to a birthday party that evening.

Got a 10 with broke g2 that’s old enough to be better than he is, an 8 that’s wide enough and same category and a 7 that need another look. First doe in is in trouble if she holds still. Big 10. (2 yo) off limits plus he’s too iffy of spread. He was a 10 as a baby last year and is already around 120+ as a 2yo. Got high hopes if someone don’t ground check him. If he just runs through a set up most would shoot

What county?

Comment

You need to be hunting!

Stupid work [emoji849] and of course the weathers always perfect during the week then heats up an wind switches on the weekends....

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Just checked cameras at my house. Lots of buck activity, chasing, new bucks and new scrapes.
                    My target isn’t back yet but my daughters are still around so thats where we will be this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                      What county?

Wood

Comment

Y'all got some good deer moving! Hopefully mine are coming around.. I'll find out Monday morning..

Comment

Hix, I sure hope your girl gets that buck!! He'll be a dandy for her!! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            Been there done that! Slept in on Oct. 7th last year because it was hot.
                            [ATTACH]930336[/ATTACH]
                            That's the EXACT same date it happened to me.

This is him at another stand set-up I've got. I've not seen hide nor hair of him so far this year.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm in Van Zandt. Shot a doe the evening of the 21st. Shot another doe the morning of the 22nd. Had 4 different bucks check her trail and look for her after she was dead. The biggest one just wouldn't leave. He kept circling and coming back trying to find her. He has a great right side but his left is a spike that forks on the end. The fork saved his life. Only deer you can't shoot will give you a half dozen opportunities at them. I will post a picture of him shortly.

I have some cameras on another local property. A friend checked them today and sent me a series of pictures showing a mature buck mount a doe 3 times in front of the camera. She was def not resisting. There were...ummm... fluids indicating success.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                                I have some cameras on another local property. A friend checked them today and sent me a series of pictures showing a mature buck mount a doe 3 times in front of the camera. She was def not resisting. There were...ummm... fluids indicating success.
                                That's the money shot, baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X