2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

I hate asking but really am stumped on this one. Any idea on age?

I think this is him from last year. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pineywoodkiller; 10-22-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
      I hate asking but really am stumped on this one. Any idea on age?

I think this is him from last year. I could be wrong.

3.5 imo 4.5 tops

Comment

My son got schooled by bucks this morning. He had the same deer that was 2 far yesterday afternoon at 25 yards. He was about to make a move when a 10 pt we have all be looking for stepped out at 20.

As he ranged the 10, the buck caught wind of a doe and passed right under his tree at less than 10 yards. Before he could even draw both bucks where gone after a doe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          My son got schooled by bucks this morning. He had the same deer that was 2 far yesterday afternoon at 25 yards. He was about to make a move when a 10 pt we have all be looking for stepped out at 20.

As he ranged the 10, the buck caught wind of a doe and passed right under his tree at less than 10 yards. Before he could even draw both bucks where gone after a doe.

What county

Comment

I have one plot they have searched every oat and wheat out of. Nothing left but turnip. Then this plot 400 yards away on a hill too they are HAMMERING the salad bar. I have a fairly low herd number for now but they spend a lot of time in them. Maybe I can draw some doe in late season
            Attached Files

Comment

DD Fred, that looks like a 4 year old to me. Nice buck with muscle tone like a race horse... Perfect example of a middle age deer...

Comment

What a great experience for your boy. Probably not the one he wanted but that's how we learned. Maybe tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  I have one plot they have searched every oat and wheat out of. Nothing left but turnip. Then this plot 400 yards away on a hill too they are HAMMERING the salad bar. I have a fairly low herd number for now but they spend a lot of time in them. Maybe I can draw some doe in late season
                  I had an 11 acre plot that I planted yearly.....one year I decided to add in some turnips for later in the season.....the deer never touched them but ate everything else. I never planted them again.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    What a great experience for your boy. Probably not the one he wanted but that's how we learned. Maybe tomorrow?
                    Back to school. He'll have to wait to the weekend

Comment

Back to school. He'll have to wait to the weekend

School is for the birds!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        I had an 11 acre plot that I planted yearly.....one year I decided to add in some turnips for later in the season.....the deer never touched them but ate everything else. I never planted them again.
                        This is a new property and the first east Texas proof I’ve ever seen of them eating them. I added them to bust the soil more than anything because they always sucked as deer food for me. But this one plot is getting plenty of use

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            School is for the birds!
                            And so is WORK !! Id still be there without it
                            Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Good stuff!
                            Leslie wasnt with us so when he told her at dinner I just sat back and listened. Id already heard the story 3 times but it fun to watch and listen to him tell it

[emoji23][emoji16]

Comment

Good stuff right there Shane!

Comment

And so is WORK !! Id still be there without Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                You and me both! Adulting isn't always fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X