No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have yet to see a deer while hunting....and have only saw one driving out after a evening hunt. Had one pig come in one morning before i could see my pin and leave before i could see my pin......getting discouraged. Got youth weekend coming up so maybe our luck will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
      I have yet to see a deer while hunting....and have only saw one driving out after a evening hunt. Had one pig come in one morning before i could see my pin and leave before i could see my pin......getting discouraged. Got youth weekend coming up so maybe our luck will change.

Keep your head in there. If you are hunting over a feeder get off the feeder and hunt some hand corn. Get closer to where you think they bed. If your deer are getting to your feeder right after dark that only means they either bed close to the feeder or are on there feet traveling to your feeder well before dark to make it to your feeder. You just have to work harder finding them then letting them come to you at your convenience.

Comment

I saw 10 over three hunts this past weekend. I consider those good hunts for ETX. I just need to get to where I can intercept my mature deer before dark.

Comment

Anybody else hunting this morning? Sure is nice out today. Saw 2 does early but so far thats it.

Comment

Hunting the roads on the way to work. I mean it is East Texas.

Seriously a lot of movement this morning. Mainly young bucks running around like crazy. Looking forward to next wknd.

Comment

Just had a doe run by me with a nice young buck right on her tail.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                Keep your head in there. If you are hunting over a feeder get off the feeder and hunt some hand corn. Get closer to where you think they bed. If your deer are getting to your feeder right after dark that only means they either bed close to the feeder or are on there feet traveling to your feeder well before dark to make it to your feeder. You just have to work harder finding them then letting them come to you at your convenience.

Been hunting hand corn....yesterday was first time hunting a feeder. Not running any cameras this year.

On the place im hunting, its family land so its not costing me anything to hunt. He usually mows the big bottom thats on it, but hasnt this year yet. Usually see quite a few in the bottom picking at the new green stuff thats sprouting up. Now the bottom is head high in most places. Last year saw several deer during rifle season crossing the bottom. Wonder if they will still cross it being grown up? Hunted on the ground last year. Dont have a way to get off the ground this year that will allow me to hunt with my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post

Yeah don't get discourage by all means. I sat in the blind for 24hrs worth of hunting over the weekend and saw one small 8pt. The scenarios are about the change, full on rut, acorns being soured, constant cooler weather, samller moon, etc.

Comment

Gonna heat up again this weekend but gonna be just right for gun opener, and the start of the rut! [emoji1374]

Comment

Just saw another young 8 checking a scrape behind my feeder.

Comment

Still haven't hunted this year just been too busy.. Dad pulled a camera card for me yesterday though and had about a 10 picture sequence of a young 9 chasing a doe around the oat patch yesterday morning. Looks like the rifle opener will be the first hunt for me, hopefully we are still getting some cool weather by then.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Hey guys, I've got to correct something I posted about the "two monster bucks killed in the DCNF and knowing about one of them... I reported that a biggun was killed there day before yesterday and I had a pic... Well it turns out when the story finally was revealed, the deer was killed in a high fence place... I am sorry for misleading everyone... I was told the deer was a DCNF deer, but I have it on a very good source that in fact it was NOT.

Again, I'm very sorry.

The hunters got a good chuckle when they found out where the kills had been reported

Comment

Deer are moving in western Nacogdoches county this am. Have seen 4 doe and a small buck so far. I’m going to sit through lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by nacohunter View Post
                              Deer are moving in western Nacogdoches county this am. Have seen 4 doe and a small buck so far. I’m going to sit through lunch.
                              I’d like to but the seat in this tripod is killing my butt. And I have to pee.

It almost feels like it’s getting colder too.

Comment

Have both young and mature bucks on camera checking scrape around my hand corn during daylight and nighttime hours. This is in Polk county.

Comment

Working...
                                X