No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My East Texas has been wrapped for awhile but I still enjoy scouting. While hog killing last night I saw dozens and dozens of deer in green fields. Does all grouped together and bucks grouped as well. Few bucks bedded alone in fields. Thermal is an awesome scouting took

Comment

Well y’all say a little prayer tonight for the Mrs. she got one in her target buck. Heard it hit and saw him nose dive, but he was on top of a ridge. Not sure which way he went scanned but he’s not out in the obvious that i can tell lots of tall CRP so he could be right there. Just to dark after giving him some time to get my bearings exactly where he was standing. I’ll be back first thing in the am grid searching. She’s tore up we’ve been playing cat and mouse with this buck for some time now. Hopefully i locate him ASAP

Comment

Last edited by drop dead fred; 12-16-2018, 08:18 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          Well y’all say a little prayer tonight for the Mrs. she got one in her target buck. Heard it hit and saw him nose dive, but he was on top of a ridge. Not sure which way he went scanned but he’s not out in the obvious that i can tell lots of tall CRP so he could be right there. Just to dark after giving him some time to get my bearings exactly where he was standing. I’ll be back first thing in the am grid searching. She’s tore up we’ve been playing cat and mouse with this buck for some time now. Hopefully i locate him ASAP
          Good luck on the recovery

Comment

Hoping for the best. Good luck in the AM!

Comment

Well here we go fingers crossed

Comment

Well here we go fingers crossed

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck.
                  Is using a dog an option?

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                    Good luck.
                    Is using a dog an option?
                    I couldn’t find blood last night as i couldn’t tell how far i was from the stand last night in pitch black dogs won’t come out unless you have blood. I’ll be able to get my bearings about me the morning bloods prolly dried up now but if i get lucky and find blood I’ll call a do.

Comment

Bbd

Comment

Heck yeah! Let’s see him

Comment

Come on, mayne!! We need pics!

Comment

Gotta wait till lunch to take some with the rightful owner...lol

Comment

Gotta wait till lunch to take some with the rightful owner...lol
                              Smart man I'm glad you found him for her

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X