No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning east texas acorn haters. Todays weather forecast brings us a balmy 74 degree high thanks to yet another day of southern winds. It also brings the return of the might mosquito.

Never fear cold weather will come back whilest we're all at work Tuesday. For most of us today brings an end to slick head shanking which means we'll wince at the crack of every rifle shot. From now on we will worry if our target bucks really are dead.

Good luck and safe travels for those who have spent the holiday in the woods.

This report broght to you by....pine tree cover scent,bucces corn,homemade deer stands,red dirt roads and henway doe in estrus.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Good morning east texas acorn haters. Todays weather forecast brings us a balmy 74 degree high thanks to yet another day of southern winds. It also brings the return of the might mosquito.

Never fear cold weather will come back whilest we're all at work Tuesday. For most of us today brings an end to slick head shanking which means we'll wince at the crack of every rifle shot. From now on we will worry if our target bucks really are dead.

Good luck and safe travels for those who have spent the holiday in the woods.

This report broght to you by....pine tree cover scent,bucces corn,homemade deer stands,red dirt roads and henway doe in estrus.

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Question who as ever kill a crow with a bow from a lock on

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          Question who as ever kill a crow with a bow from a lock on

Ive done it from the ground. Squirrel also

Comment

In a tent

Comment

Anyone hunting in this 18 mph north wind today?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                Anyone hunting in this 18 mph north wind today?

North?

Its south in Houston county. And its changed 23 times

Comment

Wind gust 25+ here out of the north. I'll keep working on the house build and pass on hunting. Never had any luck on windy days in East Tx.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    North?

Its south in Houston county. And its changed 23 times

Yep. In Madison and Brazos counties anyway.

Comment

Another weekend of being skunked.. Crazy winds this morning causing leaves and SHOWERS of acorns to fall.. I’m not making another attempt at deer for a couple of weeks unless I’m just that bored ha.

Comment

You will be back next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          You will be back next week.

Haha unfortunately I gotta attend a birthday party so I’ll probably be hunting my feathered friends next week.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
                            Haha unfortunately I gotta attend a birthday party so I’ll probably be hunting my feathered friends next week.

My parents are taking my wife and me out to dinner Saturday to celebrate my 40th bday, then my wife’s throwing a party the following Saturday. I see some mid-week hunts in the near future. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              My parents are taking my wife and me out to dinner Saturday to celebrate my 40th bday, then my wife’s throwing a party the following Saturday. I see some mid-week hunts in the near future. Lol

Lol I’m off till Thursday night and could’ve stayed out there all week but the past three days had me discouraged and figured I’ll just take care of some things around the house. Probably won’t go back till around the 14th

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                                21 deer between Etoile & Chireno...they b moving.
                                by the time we got back from Hawaii on Sunday the 18th, it was dead on Lavaca Creek. There was 159" 10 shot on the 14th or 15th next the chicken houses down from etoile school.

Comment

Working...
                                X