2018 Blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Hill, Navarro etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Hill, Navarro etc

Well figured it was time to get us going again for the 2018 season. (Hope Scott doesn’t mind)

It’s really, really dry out there. Seems deer still aren’t as concerned or consistent on feed as I figured they’d be. I got my spring/summer food plots in several weeks late so I missed the good moisture in may. What little bit that come up is getting nibbled on.

Pigs have even been scarce.

What has everyone else been seeing?

I'm headed to Navarro in the morning to get my feeders going. I haven't been down in months so no telling what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like we may have gotten some good rain yest in my area of Navarro.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        Looks like we may have gotten some good rain yest in my area of Navarro.
        .37 between Barry and BG

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Also I think I asked it last yr but what is a preferred suplimental feed for deer in Navarro beside corn? Wanting to feed a little something extra.

Comment

That's ok...I'm headed on vacation to SPI today! The **** rats got my tractor wiring again, it's currently in the shop getting repaired. I'll start everything in August I guess.

Comment

Growing in Ellis

Comment

I’ve got a few pics but deer have been very sporadic this summer. It’s my first full offseason so I don’t know what to expect. I didn’t start feeding until mid/late July last yr.

Was hoping we got more rain than that but will take all we can get.

Comment

Was at ranch this weekend and deer are still very sporadic at feeders despots how dry it has been. We did get about 1.75” last week but was still very dry.

Comment

Deer starting to hit feeders more very recently.
                    I need to plan a hog hunt to thin them out.

Comment

Pigs have picked up a little at my place also, still not like they were last yr

Comment

Rats did indeed get my tractor's wiring again, arrghhh!! Said one was dead between my fuel tank and side wall.

Not sure when I've be back up at this point. Hope the pigs stay away, lol!

Comment

I'm planning to do fall foodplots but right now I'm thinking the ground is too hard and dry to disk. Hoping we get some rain in this next round later this week.

Comment

I went to my place in Navarro county last weekend and found that my whole setup had been stolen. Stand, feeder and camera. Never had problems in the last 8 yrs. Keep an eye on yalls stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                              I went to my place in Navarro county last weekend and found that my whole setup had been stolen. Stand, feeder and camera. Never had problems in the last 8 yrs. Keep an eye on yalls stuff!

Dang sure hate to hear that!

Comment

Working...
                              X