Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you following the "kids in the cave" story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if they would have 4 months of breathable oxygen in an underwater cave.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I'm wondering if they would have 4 months of breathable oxygen in an underwater cave.
      Pictures are showing a lot of heavy equipment.. more than I would have thought they would have in that region/area..
      I think the fact that medical personnel are actually in the cave now with them.. and they are trying to get nourishment and nurse the boys back to health (very skinny/weak is the report i read).. is a good sign.. i think once the group is stronger they may attempt something..
      water was only part of the issue, it appears mud and debris is actually what is blocking a lot of the passages and its ever changing with the rain/water...

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter11 View Post
        Caving diving is a lot harder to learn than open water(lake or ocean), in a cave if you panic there is nowhere to go up to the surface. Since 2 + miles in more than likely 1 scuba tank will not get them out. Average new diver can last less than 30 mins on a tank. Depending on the depth you would have to mix air you breath with more oxygen and have mutil. depression stops that could last mins to hours. You have to be in a good mental place to be able to swim with your body touching the cave walls, of you panic you will get stuck and no way to get help.
        It is fairly common for even experienced cave divers to drown. I can imagine how disorienting it must be swimming in an enclosed tunnel in the dark especially when you can’t just follow your bubbles when something goes wrong - going up won’t save you.

Comment

"I would like to tell you that now the boys have stayed inside there more than 10 days. They can stay healthy. They have doctors. For the air at that area, we take carbon-dioxide absorb substance which we have been using for our operation. So they are staying with good condition. So we don't have to rush ... We are trying to take care them and make them strong.” Chief to Thai Navy SEAL Rear Admiral Aphakorn Yoo-kongkaew said at the press conference Tuesday in Thailand.

Remember most of these kids cant swim.

A dark cave, isnt really the place I would like to learn. Not to mention the whole scuba part. And those scuba tanks wont exactly be light for a teenager...

Comment

Thai rescuers are racing against time to drain water from a third chamber in the cave complex where a youth soccer squad is stuck -- but with monsoon rains looming, there's only a tiny window to save the team before the coming rains could trap the group for months to come.

Comment

Its a 5 hour swim out of the cave. They are racing against time to get the boys out before the next rainfall

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                Note to self: above ground is just fine
                X2
                Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                You aint Kidding. I'm claustrophobic and this would be a nighmare for me. That being said my ARSE wouldn't be going into a cave especially during any rainy season.
                Yep... I would probably die in that cave because I don't think I could even scuba out without panicking... but then again, I'm so claustrophobic, I wouldn't have went anywhere near inside to begin with. This is literally my worst nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                  X2Yep... I would probably die in that cave because I don't think I could even scuba out without panicking... but then again, I'm so claustrophobic, I wouldn't have went anywhere near inside to begin with. This is literally my worst nightmare.
                  Our Rotary Club hosted a dinner Social in Longhorn Caverns. I was suppose to give out an award and speak. Well the folks at Longhorn Caverns, while Telling the history of the Cavern thought it would be cute and Turned out the lights. Seeing was already in Panic control when they turned them back on I got up from my table and left told them find somebody else. Thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Comment

Get el chapos folks to tunnel to them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are you following the "kids in the cave" story?

Just got this update on my news app. Sad deal. I can only imagine the guilt the coach is going to live with after all this is said and done. Especially if there are any more casualties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Incredible story! We were watching it in New Zealand. Prayers this thing does not geaux bad.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Train View Post

Just got this update on my news app. Sad deal. I can only imagine the guilt the coach is going to live with after all this is said and done. Especially if there are any more casualties.

Oh crud!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Train View Post

Aw man, that’s tough to hear. Gonna take a ton of resources to pull this off. Would hate to be the one calling the shots gonna be some tough calls to make as this unfolds I’m sure.

Comment

Would that be a US Navy Seal?

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                                Would that be a US Navy Seal?

I believe a former THAI navy diver according to the article I read. I was not aware they called them seals. Either way info is pretty vague from what I could find

Comment

Working...
                                X