Case Pocket Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
    Whats the difference in the CV blades and Tru sharp sugical steel blade?

I’ve always carried the CV blades in the past. They’ll develop a patina and rust a bit if you don’t watch them. But they get really sharp and are pretty easy to sharpen. The one I’m carrying now is stainless. I haven’t had to sharpen it yet, like I mentioned I just got it for Father’s Day. But I’ve used it every day since then and haven’t had to sharpen it yet so it seems to hold an edge pretty good. Either one will be fine for normal use I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The CV blade will hold an edge longer and will sharpen better. the CV might get a patina on it over time but that's OK in my book.

Comment

I always carry a trapper. Selling a lot of them in the classifieds.

Comment

If you like Patina, stick blade in a potato over night. No more rust, with normal use.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            If you like Patina, stick blade in a potato over night. No more rust, with normal use.
            Yep. Yellow mustard will do it also.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Would yall go sod buster or old red bone lock back? If you were gonna get one or the other to last you a loooong time? Want a small one thats not to noticable in pocket but like i said, wanna keep for a loooong time.

Comment

Would yall go sod buster or old red bone lock back? If you were gonna get one or the other to last you a loooong time? Want a small one thats not to noticable in pocket but like i said, wanna keep for a loooong time.
                They make that Sodbuster pattern in a bone also. Go to a good Case dealer that has alot of knives. My dealer has probably 100-200 different knives. Go to Motts in Spurger, Tx and he will have even more.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Get a yellow trapper with the carbon blade, you won't regret it. It ages and gets stained but it stays sharp and will do anything you ever need.

Comment

I like the russlocks for one handed opening

Comment

I would go with a Sodbuster jr. with a CV blade.

Comment

That trapper is over 4 inches. Does that get in your way in your pocket? Why do you need those two blades?

Comment

That trapper is over 4 inches. Does that get in your way in your pocket? Why do you need those two blades?
                          Allwas keep one really sharp and the other one for cheese cake.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Do yourself a favor and buy a Boker Tree Brand or an Eye Brand made in Germany.

I have Case knives and German knives. There is no comparison.

Comment

Been carrying a medium size stockman in my left pocket for going on close to 4 years now. Was a full size case trapper for 10 years before that. Really like the smaller size for fitting in your pocket. Been carrying an assisted opening Kershaw leek in right hand pocket lately for quick work when hands are full

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by westtexducks; 07-03-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Good thread. Has me thinking that I need a new one. Lots of choices put there.

Comment

Working...
                                X