Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted a GoPro - Bought a FITFORT instead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after getting a real opportunity to use it...my Fitfort is at level POS until proven otherwise...

Finally got a second gobbler to commit and it locked up about 8 sec before the shot. No rhyme or reason. I have run this thing on record for an hour with no issues. The sound keeps playing but the video just sticks in pause mode. Ends at 1:35 and the audio keep playing. I have tried everything I can to get it to continue but it will not. Plus the **** clear waterproof case's lens sucks....they will scratch by just breathing on them. I'm going to have to regroup before I jack with it again. I thought i did all the testing I needed but obviously something is wrong.

Almost forgot there is a computer harddrive motor hum like the camera is writing to the card on the video. Is that common?
    Last edited by Smart; 04-22-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Sucker is probably a unicorn in a mfg plant of shetland ponies.. And I'll get a Shetland..
      Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Well after getting a real opportunity to use it...my Fitfort is at level POS until proven otherwise...

Finally got a second gobbler to commit and it locked up about 8 sec before the shot. No rhyme or reason. I have run this thing on record for an hour with no issues. The sound keeps playing but the video just sticks in pause mode. Ends at 1:35 and the audio keep playing. I have tried everything I can to get it to continue but it will not. Plus the **** clear waterproof case's lens sucks....they will scratch by just breathing on them. I'm going to have to regroup before I jack with it again. I thought i did all the testing I needed but obviously something is wrong.

Almost forgot there is a computer harddrive motor hum like the camera is writing to the card on the video. Is that common?

im really late to this party, but was really looking at getting one of these after all this read...

hopefully Smart, you didn't get your Shetland pony

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
        im really late to this party, but was really looking at getting one of these after all this read...

hopefully Smart, you didn't get your Shetland pony

Really weird how it locked up on the video but kept processing the audio. I tested it several times way past 1 min 35 seconds before the hunt with no issues. I am trying to talk with Fitfort but they don't seem to have an explanation.

Comment

Wonder if it's because you are are charging while recording? (Assuming you have the ext battery setup we discussed earlier)

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Wonder if it's because you are are charging while recording? (Assuming you have the ext battery setup we discussed earlier)

I do.....but with 5-6 tests runs recording in my garage with said external, I haven't had it stop until I turn record off. The longest being 10ish minutes. This recording was at 1 min 35 sec when it hung up on the video part.....recorded audio through 4 minutes when I turned it off. Tested it today and it did fine..

Comment

Only one explanation.

The turkeys are hacking the wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Only one explanation.

The turkeys are hacking the wifi.

He got the proper sentencing then[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

What video settings are you guys recording with and what is the best way to edit the video once recorded?

Comment

Last edited by Puncher51; 06-21-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I did the old smart use an external battery trick this week and got 7 full games (really about 8..left it on in by accident).. games were 1.75 hrs long.. on my same old beat up fitfort.
                      Thing is still ticking and kickin...the external battery gave it new life.

Comment

Just a headsup... if you want to try one of these knockoffs... heres one with a code to get price down ftom 50 to 14.
                        Waterproof 1080P GoPro style Action Cam. Take 70% off at checkout using coupon code TTA8LHNX

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered one. Now I have to go back through this massive post and find all the extras to get.....

Comment

Figured I'd give my opinion on GoPros. They suck. When they work, they are great. For something you pay good money for, you would think they've all passed QA. I've had 3 GoPros (GoPro 3 White and Silver and GoPro 5). They all freeze randomly and nothing can be done. The only thing you can do is remove the battery completely and restart it. All were up to date. I ended up with the drift cameras and they have been fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
                              Figured I'd give my opinion on GoPros. They suck. When they work, they are great. For something you pay good money for, you would think they've all passed QA. I've had 3 GoPros (GoPro 3 White and Silver and GoPro 5). They all freeze randomly and nothing can be done. The only thing you can do is remove the battery completely and restart it. All were up to date. I ended up with the drift cameras and they have been fantastic.
                              Thats usually an issue with the sdcard... youtuber/AV forums have tons of posts about using high quality sdcards with the right index number on front in gopros..

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
                                Yep I’m not buying another Go Pro. Also their support is terrible. My Fitfort works just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X