No announcement yet.

Which Side x side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive owned a Polaris ranger and Can-Am defender. Can am hands down... the mule pro is nice too but the can am defender is much more fun to drive-responsive and quicker which I liked probably geared different.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      I can easily haul enough corn to fill a feeder, my 65 gallon water tote and have put several pigs back there when it's in the crew. How fast you needing to go on ranch roads and trails?
      Not sure how you fit all that without stacking it up and strapping it all in. That space is the width of the machine by about 2 feet. 20-25 mph and the mule will do that but it feels like a struggle to get there and it starts getting loud as the engine has to really work at those speeds. The can am is quiet until about 40mph. The can am is smoother, quieter, more spacious, and more ergonomic. The mule turns tighter due to the short length and...that's about all it does better honestly. Its definitely a nice machine and may hold up better, and is a little cheaper, but that's the only nods they get over the can am.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        My mule pro goes 46mph, any faster and I'm getting into serious trouble on dirt roads!
        It takes 3 Miles to get to 46mph though.

Comment

Well after reading everyones reviews and considering my needs im going to head over to a local can am dealer and try to make a deal on a defender max hd8 on friday. After considering how much gear we take with us theres no way it can all fit in the mule without adding a ton of racks or pulling a trailer with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            Not sure how you fit all that without stacking it up and strapping it all in. That space is the width of the machine by about 2 feet. 20-25 mph and the mule will do that but it feels like a struggle to get there and it starts getting loud as the engine has to really work at those speeds. The can am is quiet until about 40mph. The can am is smoother, quieter, more spacious, and more ergonomic. The mule turns tighter due to the short length and...that's about all it does better honestly. Its definitely a nice machine and may hold up better, and is a little cheaper, but that's the only nods they get over the can am.

I dang sure don't put it in there all at once just saying I can out 5-6 bags of feed back there no strapping needed or have my water tote back there or haul out dead critters. Seems like some usable space to me. Can put 3 bales out alfalfa back there at a time as well. 20-25? My mule will do mid 40s and not a problem getting there at all. Not arguing which one is better at all just putting the truth out there and as you can see there are plenty of us that are more than happy with the FXT. They had some can ams when we bought the mule and they looked like good machines but we didn't drive one.
            Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 07-04-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              I dang sure don't put it in there all at once just saying I can out 5-6 bags of feed back there no strapping needed or have my water tote back there or haul out dead critters. Seems like some usable space to me. Can put 3 bales out alfalfa back there at a time as well. 20-25? My mule will do mid 40s and not a problem getting there at all. Not arguing which one is better at all just putting the truth out there and as you can see there are plenty of us that are more than happy with the FXT. They had some can ams when we bought the mule and they looked like good machines but we didn't drive one.
              I'm not saying the mule isnt a good or even great machine, and I expect people to be happy with them. Unfortunately when we have one of each in the family, the defender really outshines the mule and shows the weaknesses of the mule. For the money, it's really awesome. But for a couple grand more, the defender tops it in almost every department. My dad wishes he would have waited on a defender. Went to buy one and the one he wanted they couldn't have ready til late in the day. He wanted it right then as he was in route to the farm. The mule was ready to go so he bought it. Patience and planning aren't in his blodd.

Comment

I'm not saying the mule isnt a good or even great machine, and I expect people to be happy with them. Unfortunately when we have one of each in the family, the defender really outshines the mule and shows the weaknesses of the mule. For the money, it's really awesome. But for a couple grand more, the defender tops it in almost every department. My dad wishes he would have waited on a defender. Went to buy one and the one he wanted they couldn't have ready til late in the day. He wanted it right then as he was in route to the farm. The mule was ready to go so he bought it. Patience and planning aren't in his blodd.

I am right there with him on that!

Comment

Always heard CanAm lacks in the reliability department. Which just so happens to be the most important part for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                    Always heard CanAm lacks in the reliability department. Which just so happens to be the most important part for me.
                    I've heard the opposite. We will see.

Comment

For dependability you just can’t go wrong with a mule.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                        Mostly their high performance models, which they are drove hard and put up wet

Comment

I sold my mule on here I liked it alot but the dust killed me.

Comment

I had a ranger 900 and loved it, went everywhere I pointed it. Sold it for a lone star defender and havnt looked back. Buddy has the mule pro and it’s nice but you see what I bought. The defender suspension is smoother, clutching is smoother it’s just a **** nice machine. Use it for around the ranch and hunting.

Comment

We are on our 3rd Ranger and probably will be in the market next year. We definitely will be giving the new Mules a hard look.

The first Ranger we bought was in 2006. While the Mule may have been the first side x side, the Ranger set a bar that has taken most other manufacturers years catch up to.

Heck, the Ranger we bought in 2006 was - fuel injected, independent front and rear suspension, had a bed capacity of 1,000 lbs. and top speed of 50 mph. At that time, no other competitor was even close to matching the all around performance, especially the bed capacity. I remember test driving a Yamaha Rhino back then and the bed capacity was 400 lbs. Total deal breaker and we were Yamaha ATV owners for years prior.

As far as reliability, we have never taken one of our Rangers into a shop for anything other than routine maintenance. I often laugh at many people that dish Polaris for reliability when half of them don't even own one.

Comment

It takes 3 Miles to get to 46mph though.

Is your Mule the SXT?Or just a Mule?

I believe ya'll are painfully talking about 2 diff machines...

Comment

Working...
                                X