Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The audible is out:

Comment

What a fascinating and fantastic read. And if the last page doesn’t kick up the dust wherever you’re at, you might want to check for a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
        What a fascinating and fantastic read. And if the last page doesn’t kick up the dust wherever you’re at, you might want to check for a pulse.
        Don’t spoil it! I am a few chapters shy of the end. I’m flying on Friday and I was going to hold off and start reading it then but I just couldn’t wait . I was able to get most The way through in two nights.

Comment

Pretty sure I would enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
            Don’t spoil it! I am a few chapters shy of the end. I’m flying on Friday and I was going to hold off and start reading it then but I just couldn’t wait . I was able to get most The way through in two nights.
            Nah, no spoilers. Do you know if there is a documentary about his journey as well? A quick Google didn't show anything.

Comment

I saw my friend Clay (author) yesterday in San Antonio . Today he is at the Nimitz Museum in Fredericksburg hanging out and signing books If anyone was off and that area .

Click image for larger version

Name:	68C4F983-ED9D-49B1-B2BB-5AA80044D20A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	24547534

Comment

I finished my copy in 2 days in Colorado. My son is now reading it. He is 12. He is fascinated by WWII history, but has trouble wrapping his mind around the real costs of war. We are discussing it chapter by chapter. Absolutely great read.

Comment

Finished it....great read

Comment

Very good to see folks reading the book. I forgot to mention that when I saw Clay he showed me a seismograph image of the grave in which they found his grandfather. I wish she had put that in the book! It depicted all the items that were buried with the soldiers as well as how the soldiers were laid in the grave . I was amazed at how many hand grenades were buried with those soldiers and I saw several K bars canteens and even a 1911 . Two of the soldiers still had their helmets on .

Most disturbing was a half of one soldier that was buried on a stretcher. I hate to think what happened to that guy .

Comment

Working...
                    X