Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Need help on ZTR Mower Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on ZTR Mower Purchase

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but looking for opinions on a zero turn purchase. I’ve looked at several brands including scag, gravely, Exmark, Bad Boy, Bobcat. I’ve narrowed it down either the Gravely ZTHD 52 or the Exmark Radius E 48. Both seem pretty comparable and both heavy duty. Only mowing 2.2 acres so not looking for a full commercial but something that will last. Any experience with either of these?

Thanks

I don't have experience with either, but did just look at the Gravely. We bought a Hustler Raptor SD. I wanted one with a Kawasaki engine . I believe most Gravely's have Kawasaki and look pretty similar to the Hustler.
    Due to some recent bad experiences, I wanted to stay away from Brigg's and Stratton engines.

Comment

I have a 3 year old Gravely ZTHD 60. I have zero complaints with it. My only recommendation is to buy the biggest one you can get away with. It's amazing how much faster you can mow.

Comment

Buying a Bobcat today. Getting the XRZ 48". After research they have the best warranty by far, and he heaviest transmission for a light commercial mower.

Comment

Yes the Gracely ZTHD I’m looking at had the Kawasaki. The same dealer has the bobcat as well. They looked very nice. I did like the warranty on them. I don’t remember if they had the Kohler or Kawasaki engines. I did like that the ZTHD comes with 3100 hydros which most in that “class” have the 2800 hydros. Not sure on the bobcat though

Comment

I have a John Deer, 42" cut.....
            And I'm really happy with it....

Comment

I have a Bobcat XRZ 52” and l believe it has the 3100 hydros with a Kawasaki engine. I mow my own place about two acres and have had zero issues. I bought it new and have had it for three years and just normal maintenance.

Comment

Hustler raptor sd, and not from lowes or a box store go to a dealer

Comment

I have a 48 “ bad boy pup series since 2010 mowing 3.5 acres haven’t missed a beat and over 2 acres is Bahaia grass

Comment

I have a Dixie chopper that is 12year old 1 belt and 2 batteries. But if I was to buy a new one I would buy a Scag. I mow about 5 acres a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                      Hustler raptor sd, and not from lowes or a box store go to a dealer
                      Why is that? I'm new to buying a mower as well. I'm looking at a bad boy mower and was told to buy from a dealer like you have mentioned but I cant remember the reason why. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                        Why is that? I'm new to buying a mower as well. I'm looking at a bad boy mower and was told to buy from a dealer like you have mentioned but I cant remember the reason why. Thanks
                        You will get a better Built Heavier Deck from the Dealer...

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                          Place i work at sells hustler mowers, we set the mower up right, register it for warrenty, are a full service dealer also. Box store wont check fluid levels, show you how to use it properly and wont register the warrenty and youll have to bring it to a dealer for service parts.

Comment

Originally posted by abovepar View Post
                            Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but looking for opinions on a zero turn purchase. I’ve looked at several brands including scag, gravely, Exmark, Bad Boy, Bobcat. I’ve narrowed it down either the Gravely ZTHD 52 or the Exmark Radius E 48. Both seem pretty comparable and both heavy duty. Only mowing 2.2 acres so not looking for a full commercial but something that will last. Any experience with either of these?

Thanks
                            i also looked at several and talked to a lot of people who had them,, then i narrowed it down to gravely and hustler,,,, the gravely dealer did not come very highly recommended the hustler dear did,,,, i am super happy with my hustler
                            and it has the same motor the gravely did,,,, dealer is closer and user friendly,,, was looking for a 48" bought a 54" ,, it was on sale for less than the 48,,, sooooo,,, it followed me home
                            Last edited by xman59; 06-29-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I bought a Gravely ZTHD 52 a year ago and it has been great. My son bought one a few months before me and it has been great.

Comment

Working...
                              X