No announcement yet.

Need help on ZTR Mower Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hustler raptor SD 54. Mine has the Kawasaki engine, from a dealer not Lowe’s.

I do love my mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Hustler raptor SD 54. Mine has the Kawasaki engine, from a dealer not Lowe’s.

I do love my mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      x2 but I have the SDX, not sure what the difference is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
        Place i work at sells hustler mowers, we set the mower up right, register it for warrenty, are a full service dealer also. Box store wont check fluid levels, show you how to use it properly and wont register the warrenty and youll have to bring it to a dealer for service parts.
        Gotcha! Thanks a lot!

Comment

My Gravely is about 10 years old, zero issues!

Comment

Kawasaki engine and go from there like you said. My last mower was a 1997 JD that was given to me. It still ran when I sold it here. Also kawa power

I have a hustler hd now with 52" cut. About 75 trouble free hours. I wish my deck folded up like the new ones. That's all id change.

Dad has a great dane going on about 12 years on 5 acres. Deck bearings and blades is all he's done

Comment

Hustler raptor sd, and not from lowes or a box store go to a dealer
              I have a large chunk in mine .. I build engines for a living . So it had to have a few key items .

Odd size deck means blades can be odd , commercial vs residential not even close there .

Can you get parts local .. their are great mowers out there but if parts can be tricky well to me that makes a difference .

I looked at the Spartan brand very nice but just nothing local to me and not much feed back .

I have a 60 inch with the Kawi engine in the HD before that I had a ferris nice ride but the extra parts ending up being a ton of work and they did not wear well .

I have 3 acres and the Brigs Big block was a pig on fuel ..

Look at ground speed I do not have much extra time so it was an item that mattered to me .. 18 MPH and it will cut the grass great WOT all day .. its screams right along ...

I have had only one issue with mine the mower switch relay failed . 45 dollar fix.

Good luck with what ever you get .. I might make one suggestion Many times CL can be a great place to find a slightly used unit I found mine there and save almost 3000 off retail .. Had SUPER low hours on it ..

Landscape company closed its doors .

Comment

Place i work at sells hustler mowers, we set the mower up right, register it for warrenty, are a full service dealer also. Box store wont check fluid levels, show you how to use it properly and wont register the warrenty and youll have to bring it to a dealer for service parts.

Might PM you have a question on pumps .. Mine are fine but can they be turned up ?? In the heavy iron world we can turn them up .. not sure if that can be done with these or not

Comment

I looked at several brands including Scag. I ended up buying the Gravely ZTHD and have been very happy. It is vert well built and has the Kawasaki.

Comment

Scag man here. 56" of pure awesomeness. Once you get a good zero turn, mowing is fun again. Those things will flat take care of some grass cutting. Best of luck with your new mower.

Comment

I think all of the big names that have been mentioned make Great zero turn mowers. My FIL has a Scagg and it’s a beast. I think the motor brand and heavy duty deck is key. To me Kohler and Kawasaki are both great.
                      I talked to a guy several years ago that ran the lawn maintenance at one of the large refineries and they cut ALOT of ground including ditches. He said the best mower in his line up was the Toro.

Comment

So true. I just bought the Ariens 52" from a dealer even though I could have gotten it from Lowes. One was because if something goes wrong, that is where I'm taking it. Second is because they could install the mulch kit for me and register the warranty. Third, I could get the Kawasaki motor.
                        The Ariens is an exact replica of the Gravely in that model but about $500 cheaper. I believe they are made in the same factory. Side by side, they are identical.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                          Might PM you have a question on pumps .. Mine are fine but can they be turned up ?? In the heavy iron world we can turn them up .. not sure if that can be done with these or not
                          To the best of my knowledge you can not turn up the pumps, you may beable to try different size pulleys to speed up the pumps that way

Comment

I would advise spending a little more for the commercial regardless of the brand. It will last 20+ years if your just mowing your own stuff - It’ll pay for itself. I bought a scab tiger cub 10 years ago, mow 2 to 3 acres a week 8 months out of the year. Have had zero problems. Belts, blades and one battery. I service it regularly. Best purchase I’ve ever made. I don’t see many residential mowers making it that long without some repairs - pulleys, pumps and deck metal are all usually weaker. I’ve heard good things about Spartan - they’re priced right. You might research those as well if you haven’t done so already. Good luck whatever you go with.

Comment

Working...
                            X