Just saw Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
    Lucky You. My wife dragged me to see Book Club this afternoon. This is what you get when you let her pick. My first surprise was that it was sold out except for the front row. My second surprise was that it was very funny. Still, Sicario was across the hall.....just sayin.
    How long ago was it when you lost control of your marriage. Do you remember the exact date?

Comment

Re, the above review:
      Isn't the story based entirely on the drug trafficking and culture at the US Mexico border? Any other character portrayed besides the good guys and the bad guys, the bad guys being the drug dealers and smugglers, would be extraneous to the story. Those characters would add nothing to the quality of the film. The reviewer's assertion is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        How long ago was it when you lost control of your marriage. Do you remember the exact date?
        He needs to rediscover his Command Voice.

Comment

If she wants heroic Mexicans, she should watch Cartel Land.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
            I haven’t seen the first one will it mess up this one if I go to it?
            Not at all. It is not really a sequel, more of a spin-off. Josh Brolin was a DEA agent in the first one and in this one. Benicio del Toro was an attorney in the first one, and his whole family was killed, so he is out to hurt the cartel. He plays a great part in this new one.

The new one does not really pick up where the first one leaves off. It will not cause you to miss anything by not seeing the first one first. You can google Sicario IMBD and read the plot, but it really does not add to this new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              Re, the above review:
              Isn't the story based entirely on the drug trafficking and culture at the US Mexico border? Any other character portrayed besides the good guys and the bad guys, the bad guys being the drug dealers and smugglers, would be extraneous to the story. Those characters would add nothing to the quality of the film. The reviewer's assertion is pointless.
              I agree. That was just one liberal's review, and I posted it as a response to BoB's comment.

Comment

I agree. That was just one liberal's review, and I posted it as a response to BoB's comment.
                Yeah, I understand. I don't know if you took it as a dig on you, but it wasn't meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  Yeah, I understand. I don't know if you took it as a dig on you, but it wasn't meant to be.
                  I did not, but I can take a dig if it was meant to be. What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Comment

Comment

Not at all. It is not really a sequel, more of a spin-off. Josh Brolin was a DEA agent in the first one and in this one. Benicio del Toro was an attorney in the first one, and his whole family was killed, so he is out to hurt the cartel. He plays a great part in this new one.

The new one does not really pick up where the first one leaves off. It will not cause you to miss anything by not seeing the first one first. You can google Sicario IMBD and read the plot, but it really does not add to this new one.

Brolin was CIA in the first one. I was told it is very inaccurate in how they portray certain feds and their roles. I know first hand. HOWEVER, the first one was good and I will see this one. Safe hunting

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                        Brolin was CIA in the first one. I was told it is very inaccurate in how they portray certain feds and their roles. I know first hand. HOWEVER, the first one was good and I will see this one. Safe hunting
                        Yep. My bad. As an uninformed observer, they all seem the same to me.

Comment

Have not seen this one but saw the first one and would not have ANY issue with our government fighting drug dealers or terrorists the way they operated in the first one

Comment

I liked it better than the first

Rick

Comment

Good story line.. but they did not glue it all together like the first one.

Comment

I think it all started over a political sign that a neighbor put in his yard without his permission.[emoji16]
                                Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X