Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your pet ever sensed something you don’t?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 13 years ago I had an 80# Lab.
    My step mom in law died.
    I was on my way home from work when I found out she died.
    3-4 minutes later my wife calls me telling me my dog walked into the living room, looked in the far corner, squalled, peed, tucked his tail and ran to his crate.

I told her to tell Sarah, step mom in laws name, everything is fine and that we love her and hope she meets up with Raymond.
    Raymond was my Father in Law. He'd died 2.5 days prior to Sarah.

I get home about 15 minutes later.
    The dog won't leave the office where his crate is. It takes me about 10 minutes to clean him into the living room. He jumps up in my lap, which he normally didn't do. He was shaking for a while.

There's no doubt in my mind that Sarah stopped by to say good bye, and left in a hurry feeling bad for scaring the dog.

I hope she is with Raymond.

Comment

Hey Worksalot, you haven’t replied to this thread since yesterday, did you make it through the night?

Comment

My old lab let me know about a crazy girl I was dating. He was 3, sweetest pup ever and worked him as a therapy dog. He never met a stranger no matter where we went. Brought home a girl I had been seeing one night and he came to meet her and instantly started growling and showing his teeth, hair on his back went up. I had never seen him like that with anyone.

Needless to say after she made me breakfast she was never welcome in her house again

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Hey Worksalot, you haven’t replied to this thread since yesterday, did you make it through the night?
          Yes. Thanks for asking. The dog sensed what I figured he did. Dealing with a dangerous situation. Got up very early and prayed.

Comment

I was at a buddys house a few years back shooting some pool and drinking a few beers in his garage. There was a hole in the ceiling to access the attic but it was missing the door/ladder. In other words, there was just a hole in the ceiling leading into the attic above the garage. His GF's two cats sat there on the edge of the table and would just stare up into the darkness. You'd shove them off the table and they would just continue looking up. The dog too. Of course, someone says "You know animals can sense things humans cant." More than likely was just a rat/squirrel rustling around, inaudible to us. Either way, they sensed something we didn't

Some of these other stories make me wonder though …

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
              Yes. Thanks for asking. The dog sensed what I figured he did. Dealing with a dangerous situation. Got up very early and prayed.
              hope everything is ok

Comment

We have one dog that watches the ghosts walk around the house. It is creepy.
                I had two cats a brother and sister that would do that. Just both sit and stare, move their heads and follow something that none of my family could see.

My Lab Duke senses when he needs a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                  What did he sense?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    My heeler was the exact opposite when she was pregnant. Daiquiri got extremely jealous and would have nothing to do with her. When Riley was a toddler she wanted to go outside to go play on her play scape in the backyard. Daqs wouldn't let her off the porch. She was barking and growling. I went out with intent to beat her for growling and snapping at riley and soon as I did she ran over to the playscape and went to barking and jumping. Walked over and on the inside was a 4ft rattle snake coiled up.
                    My heeler will **** sure let you know when there is a snake around!

Comment

Originally posted by El Forajido View Post
                      Had a dog years ago that sensed my ex ol' lady was cheatin on me. And the pooch was right
                      Thats why they're mans best friend

Comment

My dachsund would go crazy at the wall in an old rent house I loved in. Turned out there were mice. Smart girl. She would whine and cry like mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was in college I lived in an old two story house in Natchitoches Louisiana that was built in the 40's. I swear a ghost lived in the house. My roommates and I always found stuff out of place, or moved entirely. I have felt cold sections of the house that were way out of normal. My dog, Xena, would sometimes sit up on the end of the bed and look at my door in the middle of the night and growl. Freaked me out, lol

Comment

One night when I was work, wife said dog was going absolutely nuts so she got up to find a small fire on one of the aquarium heaters. She got it unplugged and put out before it turned into something worse.

Comment

Yep.. They can sense spirits(ghosts)for sure..

Comment

Nothing really interesting but my Schnauzer, that was scared by thunder, could hear the storm coming a hour are so before it hit. I've killed several coyotes over the years feeding cattle. They were staring at him 200 yards away are so.
                                Last edited by doghouse; 06-29-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X