Ready to chunk directv, looking at other options, school me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    I remember when I used to go to blockbuster and rent the UFC VHS tapes. I also remember when I got the fights on PPV. To me the UFC Is garbage now. Connor ruined the UFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did that as well.

Comment

I’d like to dump DirecTV as well. Only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is that I can’t figure out how to keep AT&T SportsNet so I can watch the Astros!! If anyone can shed some light on that I’d be forever grateful.

Comment

My son is going to get YouTube TV. I don't know a thing about it but, it's cheaper.

Comment

Why about us in the sticks, where we have one option of internet, and it’s......terrible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same as sling, Hulu, direct tv now. Just switched to fire stick and currently running Hulu live.

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            Get an Amazon fire stick and get Play Sation Vue. Has local channels and several sports channels for $40 a month

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              The only thing I miss from cable is the Discovery network. Can't seem to find a streaming service with the big D. They must be anti-streaming.
              Direct TV now has Discovery channel

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATControlFreak View Post
                I’d like to dump DirecTV as well. Only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is that I can’t figure out how to keep AT&T SportsNet so I can watch the Astros!! If anyone can shed some light on that I’d be forever grateful.

Xfinity streaming service through Roku. That’s the only way I’ve been able to find it so far. DirecTV Now and even the mlb app have Astros games blacked out in the Houston market.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                  I called Directv a few weeks ago and complained about my bill going up. I had called last December and asked for their loyalty promotion discount. I have been with them since 2000.

I was told my bill would be $32.99 for 12 months. I received one bill for 32.99 in January. Since then it has just been going up every month. May's bill was $62.00.

When I called a few weeks ago I threatened to disconnect my service. I just received my June bill. It was $21.53. The rep. told me I would need to call back every 6 months to continue to receive the loyalty discount.
                  We’re paying 230 a month for tv and internet. I called and raised hell and did all the above with no luck. The guy i got was a royal a*shole.

Comment

I have tried them all after dropping satellite. They all have good things but at the time were missing either sports or dvr, etc. I got cable from xfinity for about $55 a month and I am happy with it. With that and the internet I already had with them it was $125 a month or so.

YouTube seemed the best to me but didn’t have a lot of channels I wanted. Directvnow was good as well but at the time didn’t have dvr which to me is a must have.

Rick

Comment

I hit the ole googler today looking for other options as I'm not a fan off ATT internet or their Direct TV package.

I found this site which listed a few options including Direct TV. Play station Vue is a complete streaming service but doesn't have many of the channels that I get from Sling.

Hulu is the cheapest if only looking to add Discovery but it's on demand so I'm not sure if that includes current running programs.

The next option for Discovery looks like Philo at $16 / month which adds another DVR and a few channels that I don't have on Sling. Plus streaming on up to 5 devices which is nice for the family.

Are you a cord-cutter interested in watching Discovery Channel live without cable? Here are the best options for streaming without cable!

Comment

What are you guys paying for internet?

Suddenlink is starting to rape us. In order to stay below the data cap, I have to go unlimited which is 200mb and was paying $69/mo. That’s fine and all as my tv packages were still cheaper than their cable. Since making this change a year ago, my SAME internet has gone up to $96/mo!! Now it’s costing me just as much as if I had their cable. I know what they’re doing and it ****** me off. Everybody is streaming now so all people need is an internet connection. Guess they are going to drive the price of internet up and force you into their cable. Such BS.

Comment

I am using Direct TV Now and works pretty darn good and they just added recording capability so now I really like. Think it's like 35 a month.

Comment

Working...
                          X