Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

BF Goodrich or Nitto’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought some Cooper stt pros and hated them, extremely loud and road walked bad. After a week went back and traded them for nitto ridge grapplers and couldnt be happier!

Comment

Nitto!

Comment

BFG by a mile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nittos haven’t lasted me long. Coopers were complete junk. BFG gets my vote. However, these tires are on rocky rough roads and rough pavement 99% of the time. I put BFGs on my personal truck as well and love them. 4 wheel parts usually has really good sales. Discount tire will price match. 100% highway use might yield different results than mine. But those coopers were an absolute joke. Flats all the time. Didn’t last 20k miles on my work truck. BFGs rocked a lot great

Comment

BF Goodrich or Nitto’s

I’ve run both. I’ve run several sets of the Terra Grapplers and have been very happy. Typically get 55-70k out of a set because....wait for it.....I keep them aired and rotated properly. Shocking I know. I just don’t see how people say they don’t last. I’ve run 6 sets and have all been similar in mileage. I will say in the final 10k miles or so they will kinda suck on wet pavement traction.

I’m currently running the BFG AT and I’ll probably get 50k out of them. My biggest complaint is they don’t balance well and the wet pavement traction isn’t that great.

I’ve run them both through plenty of cactus with equal results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep. I ran BFG for 20 years. Tried others due to price. Back to BFG. No contest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had good luck with BFGs. Looked at other brands, and even tried a few. My current truck had duratracs on it when purchased. They were loud, I had issues with flats, and they didn’t hold up very long. Went back to BFGs, and haven’t had any issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got those exact BF i like them a lot!

Comment

I had Nittos on my last two trucks with pretty good success. When I sold my last one, the tires probably had around 30k miles on them, there was a lot of tread left for probably another 30k at least. I've got Toyos on the new truck, but whenever these wear out, Nittos will definitely be in the equation again.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                      Am I the only one that couldn’t get more than 20k out of a set of bfgs?
                      No you aren’t.

Comment

BF Goodrich all terrains are junk. Don’t know much on the other.

Look into Cooper or Hankook if you want a good tire.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                          Am I the only one that couldn’t get more than 20k out of a set of bfgs? I run nittos on my Diaz and have about 55k right now. My company truck has them also with about 30k on them. My company truck sees lots of nasty and hard miles with dirt, highway, and some bad mud so far these and toyos are about all that’s really lasted.
                          Nope you aren’t the only one. Easily eat up on any type rock and won’t stay balanced.

Comment

This is a prime example of lots of folks having many different experiences lol. Lotta factors to consider as well. At this rate you’ll never decide haha

Comment

Originally posted by CLA25-06 View Post
                              I just got 60k out of my nitto terra grappler g2s, ordering some new tires Monday and think Im gonna go with Cooper Stt pros
                              I'm running LT295/70/18 STT Pros on my 2014 1500 Ram Crew Cab 4x4, right at 20k in and will definitely buy them again once these wear out.

Yes they make noise, mud tires tend to do that, but they handle great. I won't even think of Nitto because unfortunately I had a set of the early Terra Grapplers around '05 and they didn't even scare 30k before I had to replace them. A friend of mine with a similar truck had the same results with them during that time as well.

Comment

Check out the new ridge grapplers. They are a hybrid right between the trail and Terra’s. They are absolutely awesome. Blow my ko2s out of the water

Comment

Working...
                                X