Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

San Antonio Area Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much of a golfer myself, more of a drinker, fished most of the courses in San Antonio but only played on a few. There are a lot of courses, I would just google them to get prices. I will say TPC is really nice but probably too much and a little bit more of a drive than what you’d prefer. If downtown, I would say Brackenridge would be your best choice.

Comment

Have played many of the above mentioned courses and all are nice courses. San Antonio has a few municipal courses and all are nice and reasonably priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
        It's all about what day you are playing on. You can get on pretty much most courses in town for around $50 or cheaper on the weekdays. With that said, I would recommend Brackenridge or Olympia Hills regardless of the day. I'm an avid golfer and play mostly the private courses in town, but these are by far my two favorite public courses. Like others have said above, the republic and quarry are good options as well.
        I am trying to play next Friday AM. I am not too worried about price although not looking to spend a ton if I don't have to. I am staying at the Hill Country Hyatt but willing to drive a little ways if need be. What you got? Thanks! Hyatt has a tournament that morning and only has 1 nine open to non tourney players.
        Last edited by TildenHunter; 06-22-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Buckhorn in Comfort. Great little town in the hill country just a short drive up I10. The golf course is great. Of course I live there so I am biased. The course is very good. I work in SA and am in a profession where I "have" to play golf. Many times we choose Buckhorn over the resort courses here. It is just a great little course.

Comment

silverhorn is my vote

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              I am trying to play next Friday AM. I am not too worried about price although not looking to spend a ton if I don't have to. I am staying at the Hill Country Hyatt but willing to drive a little ways if need be. What you got? Thanks! Hyatt has a tournament that morning and only has 1 nine open to non tourney players.
              Have no idea where it is located in San Antonio, but what about La Cantera? It is operated by the same management company that runs Fossil Creek in Ft. Worth. They run a good golf course and I would think La Cantera would be no different.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                Have no idea where it is located in San Antonio, but what about La Cantera? It is operated by the same management company that runs Fossil Creek in Ft. Worth. They run a good golf course and I would think La Cantera would be no different.

I booked a tee time at The Quarry. We shall see. La Cantera I have heard good things about. I think they manage the Bandit as well. Always liked that course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Canyon Springs is my favorite and I have played most around town. I would suggest it by far.

On the cheaper end, Mission Del Lago is a good course for the price and cheaper than Republic (similar mesquite plains courses).

Comment

Thanks for all the insight fellas. Looking like we might be playing a Saturday twilight round and then a Sunday morning round in a couple of weeks. Ill let you know where we decide. Any other insight will be appreciated too.

Comment

La Cantera Palmer Course.

I double dog dare ya.

Comment

Tapatilo Springs near Boerne another one of my favorites

Comment

River Crossing is private.

Silverhorn is as good as it gets right now and very convenient.
                          Last edited by Boomboom; 06-25-2018, 05:35 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                          X