Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Nrcs cost share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nrcs cost share

Anybody use the nrcs programs?

Would you do it again, easy to work with?

What percent do they pay and how long to get money back?

Have some land that is grown up in mesquite and brush. Wanting to clear off as much as I can and improve the grasses. I can only do so much hand spraying and clearing with chainsaw and tractor. Wanting to hire a dozer or aerial spray it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I did just that but they can't share it but it is still expensive. If I would do an area again I would have it Ariel sprayed for mosquitoes then does it myself. Would've been a lot cheaper

Comment

Hawkins, I work for the NRCS, and I used to work in Graham. I’d gladly answer any questions you have about EQIP and brush control. I know the District Consertionist in that office, he’s as nice as they come.

Comment

I’m in the process of doing it in Edwards County and it is working out so far. I have cleared cedar and am spraying pear now.

Comment

Originally posted by buxNdux View Post
          Hawkins, I work for the NRCS, and I used to work in Graham. I’d gladly answer any questions you have about EQIP and brush control. I know the District Consertionist in that office, he’s as nice as they come.
          Same here! I work for NRCS too I wonder how many more of us are on here.

Comment

My dad and I did it with Dave Henderson (now retired) in Anderson County. There was a lot of paperwork but it was easy enough to do. Dave and his guys were very helpful with getting things done.

Would do it again if the situation warranted but won’t have any need for many years.

My dad got his money pretty quick. Think it was like $12,000 or so.

Comment

Do they still have a pond cost sharing program?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                what he said.

Comment

There is a list of plans their website and there are several for ponds. Find a TSP (technical support provider) in your area and get them to help you

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                    I’m in the process of doing it in Edwards County and it is working out so far. I have cleared cedar and am spraying pear now.
                    I'm in Edwards county and interested in clearing pear as well. Do you mind sharing cost per acre etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                      I'm in Edwards county and interested in clearing pear as well. Do you mind sharing cost per acre etc.?

Aerially NRCS pays around $21/ac. It costs around $22/ac total cost in our area using generic chemical and $24/ac with Surmount. Pretty darn good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        what he said.
                        They do, but only on New construction. I have an old one with a busted dam. They are coming out next week to see what they can help me with. I will let ya'll know how it goes.

Comment

I looked into this and rules were way to political. I guess if you know someone on the inside it may be worth it.

The rancher next to me said he went through the process before but it wasn't worth it. And he's always clearing brush year after year.

Comment

I used the EQIP Program on a pine plantation in Smith County in the 90's. It was simple, efficient and definitely worth doing. I think it was 75% return. Took maybe 6 months to get reimbursed...……….it was not long by government standards at all. It was a positive experience from what I can remember, but I don't know what has changed to the process since then.

Comment

Originally posted by buxNdux View Post
                              I'll probably stop by and talk to them this week. But may hit you up on some questions also, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X